1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Rockets 107, Blazers 105

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 14, 2012.

Tags:
  1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Good to know... Thanks, Gosling.

2. Samdogg36

Samdogg36 Member

No doubt about it! No guard averages more rebounds than the 6'0 beast..3rd assists, 4th steals...seriously if u compare his overall numbers with any point guard in the NBA he would get the edge...it isn't about numbers like it should be, it is about votes...all fans wanna stick with the known superstars instead of actually looking over the stats and voting..rockets fans should do everything they can to get his name out there...Facebook post about him, on NBA pages, YouTube videos, whatever to get him the votes!

3. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

I'm not talking about shots going in ... I'm talking about his overall impact in the game ... He's shown, even in his limited minutes earlier in the game tonight that when He's in the game the Rockets play better ... On both ends.

I'm glad the Rockets won ... But keep in mind that the Rockets did almost lose in regulation ... And only sealed the game because of Martins off balanced bank shot and a questionable foul on a shot fake.

There's a big difference in a scenario where's there's a questionable foul call (Chandlers on Wallace), and a scenario where Wallace getting a wide open layup that almost wins them the game (Budinger)

4. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

I'm glad Budinger had a good game, don't get me wrong ... But if you have to bring Parsons in for defensive purposes (who can score), with more players around him who can score also ... Then McHale might as well just leave Parsons in ... That way if the Rockets turn it over w/o being able to sub him in, the Rockets aren't losing anything defensively.

5. bbllr3431

bbllr3431 Member

Our bench bigs are fine. Patterson plays solid defense and Hill provides energy. His string of good game/bad game/good game/bad game is coming down to a 1:1 ratio now lol. But seriously. Patterson has amazing team defense and rotates well to cover for Hill. If he could add either a back to the basket game or a handle he can become an all-star. I see what he does as essentially the same as Scola. Grab rebounds, pick and pop, hit the 18 footer. Our 4s have turned into Juwan Howard. I want to see if Patterson will come along under McHale.

Our problem in the bench in my opinion is that the guards are terrible.

I was a huge fan of dragon but hes been ball hogging it recently. He needs to push the ball and if its not there get your teammates involved and not jack up bad shots that arent in the flow of the offense. Plus Martin and Bud isn't a pair that works on D as we well know. The rotation we have now w/o Lee has Dragic/Martin/Bud/PP/and Hill playing together. Without a consistent playmaker (since Dragon is concerned more with his shots now) a slumping Martin and a sieve of perimeter defense. Our bench looks worse than it is.

I believe Lee will solve that, he'll bear some of the handling duties, get in the game earlier and calm down the unit plus offer a better perimeter defensive game.

I think the bench is weak because Dragic needs to step up and play team ball and not hero ball, we need what Lowry was back in the day. Hell Ish Smith would be ideal with that backup unit

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

B-b-b-but he's not a superstar! Take off your homer glasses and realize Lowry is just an average pg in the league
    -signed Goodbug, rock4ever, kwame,what

LOL

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

8. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Thanks!!! Yeah, I felt good because we were suddenly up by 2. Now that we've won, I like replaying the good moments.

9. janpwnz

janpwnz Member

what a great game by KLow! I always thought he's a good PG. We always knew that he always gives you the 150% effort but he was lacking that outside jumpers before. How he is flourishing this year shows you how much effort in training he did.

10. WALAWALA

WALAWALA Rookie

As a side note:

The crowds at the game tonight were great. Cheered loud and stayed till the end of OVERTIME, on a NFL playoff weekend.:cool:

Usually I saw people leaving 5 minutes before the game is over.:mad:

11. Half Nelson

Half Nelson Member

Agreed. We need Ish. I miss that kid.

12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Lowry was outstanding. I am very glad that we won.

13. Half Nelson

Half Nelson Member

Don't mean to sound noobish but am I supposed to know what that means?

:confused:

14. Roxs-Redemption

Great game by Lowry... but I really want to see him getting a triple-double soon
    *fingers-crossed*

15. 45souf

45souf Member

Somebody is due for a triple-double.I'm looking at you Lowry, Dragic?
    :cool:

16. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Yes, but he cannot keep playing those long minutes. He was totally gassed by the end of the game. The bench needs to improve or changes need to be made.

17. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

I might even want to try TWill as the point of the 2nd unit with Dragic/Lee as the SG. Dragic has too many turnovers and cannot get his bench unit in sync with each other.

18. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

You read my mind. T-Will could not do worse than what the bench has been giving us. Don't know what is going on with Dragic. He needs to run the team and he ain't doing it.

19. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

We need Ish Smith back.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Your nick name? Half Nelson is not a movie? Then my bad.