1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Rockets 107, Blazers 105

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 14, 2012.

Tags:
  1. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Settling for outside shots?

Iso ball?

A large number of misses Lowry came from missed layups. He was attacking the rim relentlessly.

He has set up our players countless time in this game, he pushes the ball every single time around. That alone is a huge difference between him and Brooks. How often do we see Brooks get the basketball, walk slowly up the court, then jacks up a shot?

Lowry pushes the ball, gets to Scola/Martin/Parsons and sets up the offense. It was when nobody on the floor was making a shot even when Lowry set them up did Lowry begin to iso ball to get a few buckets for the team.

Nothing about Lowry is anything like Brooks at the moment. Absolutely nothing.

2. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

lololol... dd at it again. since when has ab ever been a triple-double threat EVERY night? ab can't hold lowry's jockstrap...

jesus, you sir are unbelievable

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Yes, he can. I've seen him do it.

4. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Lowry is playing much better than Brooks ever did. But as his confidence in his outside shot has grown there are times where he settles for outside shots not in the flow of the offense.

5. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

International League Pass did not show the 3-pointer of Kyle with 30 secs left on the clock in the 4th. I replayed that portion several times.

clutch or batkins, can I request a video of that clutch shot? Much thanks

6. Entropy

Entropy Member

Lowry will never shoot the high volume of attempts that Brooks did, unless the opposing team leaves him wide open all game long. Right now, Lowry sets up his team-mates 70%, compared to trying to get his own at 30%. And half the time he tries to get his own, he'll drive in for a layup.

7. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

From what I saw Chandler was getting the rookie treatment from the refs tonight and Bud was actually playing well. I think you will typically see Chandler in the game but tonight it was just not happening for him.

8. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

As far as I'm aware of, Lowry takes about 2-3 three point shot that is not in the flow of the offense. What I distinctly remember however, is that if he misses a 3 point shot through isolation, he stops taking those and goes straight for the basket or attempts to set up the offense. Only when he gets a wide open shot from the offense does he shoot a long bomb again. If he makes it, then once in a while he'll try a long bomb if he feels it.

That is nothing like Brooks. Brooks jacks up shots regardless of whether he has been having a good shooting night or not. Lowry NEVER settles for jumpshots all night long if his shot isn't falling (although that almost never happens anymore), he always goes for layups or attempts to set up the offense for the team.

To say Lowry is playing like Brooks is stupidity at it's finest.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I didn't see the early two fouls on him but I said Bud had his share....
    I don't want to see him take 16 shots again... those should go to Post players.

10. crash5179

DD, you know you did that on purpose!! :p

11. Entropy

Entropy Member

obvious troll is obvious.

12. crash5179

This is where we disagree. Bud is clearly at his best when he is being aggresive. Plus, if he is going to hit 44% of his shots then I have no problem with him taking 16 shots. He was only one f/g shy of hitting 50% of his shots for the night. If Bud is just going to stand around and not be aggresive offensively then I would prefer someone else in the game.

13. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

Why do you do this to yourself? smh

14. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

crap. seeing the unibrow of anthony davis disappearng in front of my eyes.

1 person likes this.
  15. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

I shouldn't have even tried defending DD's point as he has a tendency to make off the wall judgments. I was only trying to point out there are a few times where he does try to go one on one and settle for outside shots. He doesn't do it regularly.

I don't think Lowry thinks about his offense first, but there are times he feels he need to put the team on his back offensively. I think Lowry is a top 10 point guard right now, which is a level Brooks never reached. Also, Lowry is a complete two way player while Brooks was an undersized scorer.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I agree with Lowry driving a lot it takes a lot away.... but I still would have Bud developing a midrange game than taking all the threes.

7 out of 16 is not 50 percent. 2 out of 7 .... he took half his shots as three pointers

Put back dunks, lay ups made his stats look a little better. but his lack of a consistent midrange jumper hurts his game.

17. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

My interest in tanking went down so much after Drummond said he was pulling out (she said he said it!). Hopefully he stays true to his word and this draft really is underwhelming. The guys that stayed in from last year btw don't impress me at all: Sullinger, Barnes, Jones, etc. They missed their shot in my mind.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

or PASSING more to SCOLA or THE BEAR would help his assist numbers!

19. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

Good win for the Rockets. Good game by Kyle, Bud, K-mart, and Big Sam. I'm expecting more as we move along the schedule.

20. solid

solid Contributing Member

Lowry starting to remind me of CP3. Performing at an All Star level right now.