1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Rockets 107, Blazers 105

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 14, 2012.

Tags:
  1. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

I'm glad the Rockets won ... And I know Budinger was hitting some shots ... But McHale made it harder than it had to be ... Parsons obviously has a bigger impact on both ends of the floor, and should have been in the game in the 4th quarter ... Great win though

1 person likes this.
  2. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

(Les Alexander laughing like a hyena).

3. YDoof2

YDoof2 Member

Kyle with another monster game. You can't say that he ain't all-star material. Wow, almost another triple-double

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

From the little i saw, and heard, it seemed Bud was trying harder on D...but i still see some inconsistency, mainly with challenging shots. He gives up on it halfway a little too much and he had some breakdowns late.

5. valorita

valorita Member

narrow escape for Rox.

-Lowry played brilliantly. If the team didn't make stupid mistakes such as blow 4 wide open layups including the half-*ss one at the end by Martin/Bud, we should've won comfortably.
    Once again, Lowry was brilliant. He IS the franchise.

-I laughed so hard at that last play by Martin. When guys get tired they tend to go back to old habits. Kevin did exactly that and alas the refs did the exact same thing! LOLxLOL

-Dalembert was key to the game. He effectively contained Aldridge with his length. We miss chuck because Hill/Scola/Patterson are such poor one on one defenders but Dally's defense is better than Chuck's for sure.

-I can't understand why Bud was kept in the game in the end when the offense was stagnant. DD will say he scored well but the thing is he blew at least 3 layups/dunks and allowed Batum to go crazy on the other end. Parsons should be our finisher at the 3.

-I'm really worried about our bench bigs. We don't have one reliable player. Our starters get the lead but the second unit bigs and guards aren't contributing at all. This causes strain on Lowry as he's the only one that can effectively make anything happen. Dragic needs to break his slump soon. Patterson and Hill need to work out more get stronger and tougher.

overall, glad for the win. we did not deserve it really as the blazers pretty much gave it to us sans lowry. hopefully martin can use this game to boost his confidence.

6. pge71188

pge71188 Member

Great win tonight. Bud showing signs of life.

7. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

Exactly

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Lowry playing more and more like Aaron Brooks every day.

DD

1 person likes this.
  9. MONON

MONON Member

That was a legit foul. Martin actually went straight up for the shot instead of jumping into Batum. That's what surprised me. Great win. Great guard play. Bear came alive offensively in ot despite the fouls. Super defense on rubbery legs in the last 3 minutes.

10. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Remember to watch the game before you make post like these people.

1 person likes this.
  11. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

How so? Brooks at his best is not half as good as Lowry at his best

12. MONON

MONON Member

Bud & KMart.

13. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Budinger is a confidence player. He lost his starting spot and was getting sporadic bench minutes. His confidence is obviously a bit shaken. When he plays well, McHale might be giving Budinger a vote of confidence by leaving him out there even when he makes a few mistakes. It's thinking long term on making sure this guy stays in the right frame of mind.

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

true, i saw Kmart trying to clamp down on'em...good effort.

15. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

With .05 seconds left??

Right.
    Okay.

16. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

Oooooookay.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Wrong. AB never had the build that Lowry had. And AB never assisted better. AB is fasterl, shoots better threes from time to time.

18. Entropy

Entropy Member

Nice trolling.

19. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

He's talking about iso ball, and settling for outside shots not in the flow of the offense. Not comparing their athletic/basketball gifts.

20. Nook

Nook Member

I don't think Brooks ever has had a game as good as Lowry had tonight.