1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Mavericks 101, Rockets 91 (UPDATE: Recap/Video highlights)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Damion Laverne

But what if THAT doesn't help?

2. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

one of the few games I've been able to catch...was in my Rockets jersey and representing at a bar, my g/f is a Mavs fan...

HOrrible...this team is just jacking crap up, little or no defense and good lord, who coaches this team...looked like they had no clue out there :mad:

Truly pathetic and I am sad to say this is my team...

3. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Dude, please. The facts are the facts. Or was I mistaken about their record with Yao? Yao hasn't played with these guys in over a year, right? Because he was - all together now: HURT (again). He's been unable to play with all of those "marvelous" assets and difference makers (Hill, Martin, Lee and Budinger) because he's HURT (now). So if I understand you correctly, whenever we get all these topflight NBA players healthy, whenever Hill learns how to play the game, whenever Lee can learn the system, whenever they can all get on the same page AND on the court at the same time, things will be different just you wait and see. Because in Rockets' Fantasy Land, this really IS a championship caliber team that can go toe-to-toe with the likes of SA, Dallas, LA and the rest. Riiiiggghht.

4. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

wrong, we are all DOOMED!

let's just all kill ourselves, okay?

5. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Mavs have as solid a team this season as I can remember them having since Dirk came onboard. I think Chandler over Dampier is a huge improvement. Butler is very good. It's hard to say this is the same old Mavs team that will bow out of the playoffs early. They actually have some good chemistry going. They are just blowing by the competition as well.

Rockets may be looking at another one of those winless Mavs series (0-4) this season.

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Who ever claimed they'd be a championship caliber team when that happens? I didnt. I didn't say they wouldn't be either though. The point is we dont know. how good or how bad they'll be, but it's more likely they'll be better. In order to know what moves to make to turn this team a contender you need it working to the fullest. Right now you could say it makes more sense to move Lee than Martin, but what if Lee becomes consistently solid once he settles in? What if that allows you to get Iggy for Martin? Of course it could work the other way and make the team realize Lee doesn't fit. This can be applied to just about every position in the lineup. They DONT KNOW what's going to happen when things come together to their fullest. It could be a small improvement or very significant. You don't start making big moves without knowing what you really have.

7. HillBoy

Nah, just accept the fact that this team is going to be disappointing for quite some time. They really are what their record says they are and getting Yao & AB back won't do much to change that fact. They will struggle aginst the better teams while being competitive against those in the middle like themselves. But playoffs? Not very likely.

8. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Thanks for the video Clutch. Had to work so didn't watch most of the game.

Well, as they say, it is always darkest before dawn...

9. HillBoy

Ah, I see. We have a fundamental disagreement on the quality of players that make up the Rockets. IMO, I believe we already know what they have here because this is basically the same team that finished in the NBA lotto. Their only addition in the off season was Brad Miller (and he does nothing to make me believe he'll make a difference) and a gimpy Yao Ming. I have posted on more than one occasion to give them until the end of December. I still stand by that timeline. But I do not expect a major turnaround when they manage to get Yao & AB back - even if Yao (somehow) manages to remain upright on the court because of the severe limitations (now exposed) of this group of players. Nor do I expect another team to help them out with a trade that will rescue their season. They have been trying to trade their way out for years now and it's worked so well for them. Nope, this is a situation that has been 10 years in the making and it may well take another 10 years for them to work their way out of it.

10. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

This was hard to watch. Especially being surrounded by mavs fans and douchbags that kept walking up and down the steps the while game. Seriously, do people go to the game to actually watch it anymore?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.