1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Possible Third Star?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tycoonchip, Oct 9, 2017.

1. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

He would be Kristnapped:)

Reeko likes this.
  2. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

This is about as useful as shopping for a mansion you can't afford. Ya, there is a chance someone might GIVE us a mansion for nothing, but let's be honest - we don't have the budget or the players to send back in a trade that would entice anyone short of a situation like with Melo where a team's trade market is severely restricted(and FYI, it's only Melo, LBJ, and Dirk who have no trade clauses in the league).

3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

there was a new york mansion on discount due to foreclosure, but we missed out and are still stuck w/ this overpriced brick house that breaks down for repairs quite often and d fence has a bunch of missing planks everywhere

glimmertwins likes this.
  4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

When a player is a upcoming free agent, and informs his current organization he will not be resigning in the off season, a massive amount of leverage is created for teams that player is willing to resign with.

Demarcous Cousins in an upcoming UFA who is currently on a bad team he didnt ask to be traded to. We also happen to have a young up and coming center in Capela. I could see potential for a deal.

5. samerth.is.so.b.f.g.

jahlil okafor, kenneth faried, vucevic, . Okafor is one of the first guys I would target (I also wonder why we didn't go after Noel last year, character issues?) faried is the better fit. aaron gordon/Dario saric are some other good fits. I'm sure there's a lot more guys out there. Dmc, pg, and there's going to be other guys who want to play with harden/cp3 like melo did. I imagine that cp3 didn't come here without knowing some other stars/great players also would... The real question is who have cp3/harden been recruiting then:...

6. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Well one of them is going to want out if the team doesn't improve real soon.

7. samerth.is.so.b.f.g.

Harden and Paul also recruited Marvin bagley on their drew league team and that could point to the type of player they r trying to recruit to Houston.