1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Possible replacement for cuttino.....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sane, Jul 26, 2000.

1. Sane

Sane Member

Warriors Trying to Work Out Trade for Fortson. According to the San Francisco Chronicle, Yet Another Team is Trying the Complicated Sign-and-Trade Mamba. The Warriors want Danny Fortson. But the question is, can they get him. According to the Chronicle, one scenario being discussed would send Fortson to the Warriors, who would send Vinny Del Negro to the Celtics. The Warriors then would deal Terry Cummings and a draft pick to the Bulls to complete the exchange. Fortson is serious about playing for Golden State. His agent, Raymond Brothers, said earlier this week that Fortson ``fell in love'' with Warriors general manager Garry St. Jean. If they can't get that deal done, they may plead with the Pacers or Rockets to get something done using their trade exception. The warriors do have three SG's, Larry Hughes, Bobby Sura, and Del Negro, so dumping one (not Hughes) is no problem- the Rockets might bite on that if Cuttino Mobley does decide to take off for Toronto...

2. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Pass on Del Negro. What about Bob Sura? Any chance? I haven't seen him play much. Can anyone shed some light on his game? Can he drive well?

------------------

3. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

That would really suck. Losing Mobley but gaining Vinny Del Negro. Bob Sura had one breakout year with the Cavs and got a huge contract. After that, he was injured and didn't play much. Worst case scenario, I could handle Bob Sura on the team.

------------------
    Home of Rashard Lewis and the Mighty Rams - Alief Elsik

4. RENDIGGLER3:20

what cuttinos leaving!i havent heard i guess im going to have to shoot myself.................................................................................................................................

------------------

5. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

...me.

------------------
    Doink!

6. Sane

Sane Member

no no no, Cuttino hasn't made any decision yet....But he's supposedly leaning toward Toronto and Bob Sura is not that bad of a replacement if Mobley DOES leave.....but, i'd pass on Del Negro too.....

7. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

Sura has game! A much better overall player than Del Negro. Vinny does one thing and does it well, shoots!

Sura is an active slasher, penetrator, and good all around offensive player. He would do VERY well in the Rockets system!

------------------
    HOOP-T
    ------------------

8. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member