1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Possible Early Retirement for Tracy?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch City1993, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

Let's be realistic, when Tracy comes back, he will most likely be 70% of what he used to be, everybody knows he contemplated retirement until Orlando finally gave in to his trade demands, one reason being his back. Maybe ... hopefully doctors can find the problem and fix him for good but if not his back will continue to crumble so ask yourself, can Yao carry this team by himself with minor or no aid from Tracy? We need to look back at our championship days that were built around Hakeem and try to find the Sam Cassells, Mario Elies, Vernon Maxwells, and Robert Horrys out there. Just don't be surprised if Tracy calls it quits in the next 3 years.

#1 Clutch City1993, Mar 22, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2006
  2. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

Hmmm...it would suck for him to retire early due to pain or not be able to produce because of pain.

What do you base this on? His current injury or his back spasms?

I personally don't think T-Mac is going to call it quits until he really can't play anymore. He seems eager for next season. Lets hope he doesn't over-burden his back to the point where his spasms become often and severe.

The extra weight must be the cause of the back problems he has currently. Though he has had them all his career, it never was this bad. I mean, I doubt you can carry your team to the playoffs 3 out of 4 times and lead the league in scoring twice, consecutively, if your back is effecting your play to the point where you are forced into early retirement.

Time will tell, and, if we traded him, we probably wouldn't get anywehre near what he's worth.

EDIT: Yao may be able to carry this team to the playoffs if our role players step up, but I doubt we'd go anywehre in the playoffs without T-Mac.

3. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

How long did it take you to dig that percentage out of your ass?

4. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

Yao = Hakeem
    Tmac = Drexler

Cassell = Bring Cassell back
    Madmax = Bring MJames back
    OT = Sign Nene
    KSmith = Draft JJ Redick
    MElie = Is Ron Artest a free agent?

5. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

I like where this is going, but I doubt it's going to happen. We won't have the money for those players. It would still take at least a year to get the chemistry to be a championship team.

I doubt Mike James wants to come back unless there is big money involved.
    Cassell is possible right?
    Nene is possible, but not with Cassell I'd assume.
    JJ Redick is possible.
    Ron Artest will most probably be locked up.

6. XxShadyPinkxX

XxShadyPinkxX Contributing Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dailydime-060322

Q: Have you gotten over the Houston trade?

A: It hurt. It definitely hurt, because I felt like Houston was a place I could spend my whole career. I felt like Houston was a place I could build my foundation. My wife is from Houston. I'm building a house in Houston. And Houston is still going to be my home in the off-season. So [getting traded] was the biggest slap in the face to me.

7. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

bahaha sorry but NO ONE = Hakeem

8. Mikeylu

Mikeylu Contributing Member

I really think chuck hayes can be our OT....he has the potentiall...although he is a little undersized at 6'6"-6'7"...

9. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I think the Rockets Organization would be smart enough to know whether Tracy Mcgrady will be back at full strength or not. If he isn't then I would expect a trade by the offseason. I have faith that our owner won't let Mcgrady be an Alan Houston situation to us.

10. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I think Clutch City1993 is striving to become the quickest noob ever to get banned from here.

11. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

ban ClutchCity1993. starting these 2 threads moments after joining..whatever..

12. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Since the term was first coined in 1994, I think he's trying to pull the "old school" prank on us for some kind of respect.

New bee?
    [​IMG]

13. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

LMAO

I been saying this all season

Rocket River
    :D

15. Cesar^Geronimo

Tracy at 70% is better than anyone else (other than Yao) on the team.

16. thephatp

thephatp Contributing Member

ROFL...nice one! :)

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

First he had to dig around the 100% of crap that was in the way.....

18. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Wow I didn't know we had a doctor on this board, how else would he know that T-mac will be back at only 70% :rolleyes:

19. candlegreen

candlegreen Contributing Member

There's something to be said about starting threads here as soon as you joined. My advise is to think carefully about what you're going to say and how others might think about it before you submit your entry. We're very much into threads that has a direction, and threads like this pretty much leave the general audience in a negative mode with no backing up of your information.

20. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

You are correct !!!!! Hakeem is Hakeem and Yao Ming is Yao Ming very different players with few similarities. Yao will be a great just as Hakeem was a great but never the same!