1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Possible Draft night trade prediction?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Le$$, Jun 21, 2016.

1. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Morey has talk a bout getting in the first round would be easy. Any predictions?

Mine :

Sixers could send Nerlans Noel and #26. Brewer + Beasley, Although brewer was in and out of lineup, he had a bad year, he could probably be a started for Sixers and average 12-16 per along with Beasley and start out in Philly with Okfar and Simmons. They obviously need vet leadership and scoring depth.

2. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I would not be surprised if the Rockets traded one of their second round picks plus $$$ for a late first round pick.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Nerlens Noel for Beasley & Brewer? :eek:

What did you put in Colangelo's drink?

#3 J.R., Jun 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2016
  4. lionaire

lionaire Member

Both second rounders + Corey Sewer for anybody's first.

5. rockets13champs

Im keeping beas and giving montrez

6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I think we trade KJ for a pick.

And then possibly package picks to move up or dump Brewer.

7. finsraider

finsraider Member

Beverley and #37 for Philly's #24.

Morey is always looking for multiple angles on trades. Here he unloads Bevs salary and adds a 1st. Also lets Llull know that the opportunity is open to him.

I'd actually be a little surprised if Brewer is dealt. We'd be selling low...real low.

8. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Ariza for a lottery pick.

Brewer for scraps.

Have all the monies in the world to sign players.

#profit

9. MistaK

MistaK Member

Have we still not given up on the idea of Lull coming to the Rockets??!!...every offseason, since 2009 :grin:

10. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

If we are trading up I hope its for DeAndre Bembry.

11. Vivi

Vivi Member

I will not be surprised if Morey dumps 5/6 players on draft night, but unless he knows 100% we will have a better pg, i don't see him trading Beverley. That said, i think it's really hard to make a prediction, there're a lot of teams looking to move pieces like never before, i expect a ton of trades.

12. Asian Sensation

James Harden for #2 and #32 pick, Julius Randle and D'Anglelo Russell.

He's going to LA in 2 years anyways likely for nothing. Might as well speed up the process (Harden to LA and us rebuilding) and get some return.

We'll suck next year and end up with a top 5 pick.

Harden is our only true asset. We're not going anywhere next year or the year after. It's going to be a disappointing offseason where we don't land any marquee FA's, Harden's gonna be frustrated and the remaining fans he has will turn on him. The roster as of today is missing a starting PG, PF, C and quality bench depth. Guys, it's time to rebuild.

13. CapelaOnlyFan

CapelaOnlyFan Member

Ariza + brewer + both 2nd rounders for the first offer on the table. I don't care who are what it is just gut this atrocity of a roster. I would've added Dwight, Smith, Jones, d-mo, and Terry to that trade as well but fortunately for us they'll be gone anyway (hopefully)

14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Not so quick there. They still have the option to rebuild on the fly. You would still have vets like Brewer and Ariza on the team who I think will thrive in D'antoni's system. Especially Brewer who is at his best when slashing to the basket. Beverley, Capela etc.

Also I would now look to trade him to the 6ers for Okafor and their 2 first rounders.

15. Asian Sensation

Brewer and Ariza would make nice 5th or 6th options.

Right now we have Harden and the talent gap after him is huge. Realistically in order for us to contend next year we would need to land Durant + one of the following Horford, Conley, Whiteside or all 3 of those guys and then we can talk about Ariza and Brewer and the likes having any value to us. The point is we aren't very talented and we have a ton of holes to fill.

I'll be shocked if Morey can build something on the fly that can win us more than 45 games next year.

16. Vivi

Vivi Member

What Morey needs to do imo, is try to sign the best players available right now, if he can make it perfect, if not, he should try to sign good/young players with upside and possibly good contracts just to add value, you never know what can happen in 12 months, maybe Paul George or Boogie will ask for a trade when they'll be in their final year, and if you have the asset and the interest of the player/s, you can turn the situation very quickly.

17. MONON

MONON Member

Darn, coach! I have to agree with you for once. However, I think 1 of them will be traded to move up in the draft.

Oh, Asian Sensation. Les ain't trading Harden to go into full blown rebuild mode.

18. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I just want Brewer out of here if reasonably possible.

19. Juxtaposed Jolt

Nerlens Noel would be what we wanted Dwight to be.

Defense + PnR with Harden.

20. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Noel and the #26 pick for Brewer and Beasley?

That's your suggestion?