1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Possible Cleveland-Portland trade?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Sane, Aug 18, 2001.

1. Sane

Sane Member

Since Sabonis has said thathe's leaning towards going to Europe,and the Blazers need a big man, is it possible they'd take on Illgauskas' big contract?

Something along the lines of:

Portland trades:

Dale Davis
    Steve Kerr (wait till he can be traded)
    Ruben Boumtje Boumtje (signed for 1.5million)
    Cash
    Second round pick

Cleveland trades:

Zydrunas Illgauskas
    First round pick

But I was thinking, with Portland's depth problems, and wanting to give some time to Zach Randolph, as well as have a C taller than Dale davis. At times, Illgauskas can sit, and Wallace can become the C, or there's Will Perdue as the backup.

Point being, Rasheed, Perdue, Illgausakas and Kemp (against smaller players) can all play at C, so it's not a depth problem.

Also, Cleveland get rid of a huge contract, gets a sharp shooter off the bench, a starting PF/C and a prosect.

The switching of the picks is just to sweeten the deal.

i wanted to know what everyone else would think? Comments?

2. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

If Boumtje Boumtje gets 1.5 million dollars someone needs to step away from the bong.

3. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

I wouldn't do that deal as the Blazers.

They need guys who will play

Shame, could probably be a top 5 center if he wasn't so oft-injured.

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

A team like the Blazers, Mavs, or Magic would probably take the chance on Illgauskas if they got a nice deal but trading away a Dale Davis is a little much. He was an all-star just 2 years ago. I could see Portland parting with Wells though.

5. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

LOL :D