1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Possibility of trading Gordon

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sealclubber1016, Jul 12, 2018.

1. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

Not to mention he's 29 years old which is forgotten

2. finsraider

finsraider Member

Meh...that sounds like posturing by Atlanta RE: Bazemore. I'm sure they like him just fine, but he's also a negative value contract, thought perhaps not as bad as Anderson.

No on Batum or Carrol. Batum has an awful contract, which would be ok if he was a plus defender without an injury history. He's not.

Carrol...don't see a trade fit, I don't see him being a particularly great fit on this team.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

so whats the issue? JB would be the 3rd star on this team and fits the position of need

4. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

It's not an issue, if it happens i'm on board but I don't think this move will provide any more of an improvement. His defense is the only reason I'd still pull the trigger on the trade but the threat of EG moving around picks and being a sniper while being someone that has now improved his drive and playmaking makes him just as good as a Klay Thompson imo. Just look at EG's stats vs Klay's in the series, they are almost similar. In the end though yes the defense of Jimmy would be very valuable in the playoffs and I would still make the move but the point im making is EG and JB aren't as far apart as most think in terms of fitting onto our team.