1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Possibility of trading Gordon

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sealclubber1016, Jul 12, 2018.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He isn't just a shooter. His versatility helps the Rockets out a lot. His weakness is that he is erratic, but he stepped up against GS. I rate him as being a better player than Otto Porter, even though they play different positions. I will be upset if he is traded for him.

2. hakeemthagreat

Golden State would absolutely LOVE this trade

3. Mr Chuck Norris

Only for Jimmy and Jimmy only.

chievous minniefield likes this.
  4. bj3175

bj3175 Member

iF WE LOSE GORDON WE ARE FOOLS HE IS ONE OF THE BEST DEFENDERS SHOOTERS DRIVERS BALL HANDLERS ON THE TEAM. IT WAS UNDER UTILIZED LAST YEAR HE COULD HAVE POSTED CURRY AND PUT PRESSURE ON gsw DEFENSE

5. hakeemthagreat

This is exactly what i was hoping Morey was trying to do. If we can get a guy that's a younger, more athletic version of Ariza, while adding Carmelo, then this offseason is a absolute success. Somebody mentioned Rodney Hood. I would LOVE Hood here

6. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Is Gerald Green sixth man of the year champ and candidate in back to back years? Don't act like EG has no value especially against a player that doesn't want to be in Minnesota.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Hope we find him.

8. hakeemthagreat

Both those options would be great. I have a feeling we'll be in the running for Marcus Smart

daywalker02 likes this.
  9. StrawberryJamm

Agreed, Could see Ennis starting at the 3 but only playing 20-24 MPG (more when he's our best defender on the oposing team's best player). While EG comes off the bench in his normal role but the guard rotation is expanded to include decent minutes for Gerald Green and spot minutes for whoever plays the best out of MCW/Melton/Nick Young* keeping Paul, Harden, and Gordon fresh to close the game together most nights.

Jimmy Butler is one thing, but trading Gordon for Otto Porter or Kent Bazemore is a terrible idea.

BMoney likes this.
  10. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I understand, but the timberwolves just gave up multiple lottery picks for butler. Gordon is a nice player, but I wouldn't give up a lottery pick for him much less 2.

11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Melo hasn't happened yet. I still have my doubts on whether that ever will happen.

Now that negotiations are muddled with Capela, I'm warming to the idea of trading him. I'm not necessarily warming to trading Gordon, though. The only way I trade anyone on this current gridlocked roster is if it's a CLEAR upgrade. In other words, a "should-be-in-the-allstar-game" player at the minimum.

If we get Melo, we have a decent enough roster to contend with. I'm not in favor of moving an impact player just to get rid of Anderson, when his value will continue to climb as we get closer to his expiring year.

12. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I don't see Melo being a replacement for Gordon off the bench because 1) Melo is pretty terrible and inefficient and 2) Gordon's role goes beyond scoring. Gordon is an underrated defender and the only viable backup we have for CP3 unless you want to overextend Harden. Melo can't replace that. So few Gordon trades seem viable. No one is going to give us a straight up talent upgrade for him.

saleem likes this.
  13. Layup Drill

Layup Drill Member

Gordon was a big reason we were able to hang with the warriors. He provided a lot of timely offense when others were struggling. He’s pretty solid and strong on the defensive end too. Im always reading about him being a trading piece on this forum but I hope he also is getting credit for being such a big part of a damn good rockets season. Would love to see him stay rather than moved to make room for melo

saleem likes this.
  14. CACH12

CACH12 Member

Can u get the link or screenshot? Thanks bro

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

16. Sanity2disChaos

I hope Melton is the guy.need a backup PG just as bad as a starting SF.

17. tc0330

tc0330 Member

Starting to get the feeling this scenario goes down...

1) we keep Gordon - sign him to an extension
    2) sign Melo
    3) sign Capela
    4) trade Anderson and picks for a 3/D forward
    5) call up Melton, Duval, and Zhou Qui

Rockets FTW likes this.
  18. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

1) When in EG's career have you ever seen him post up? Just posting someone up when it's not their game has ZERO benefit. EG would be the last person on the team I'd wanna see posting up.
    2) When was the last time you saw any post-ups from the Rockets team as a whole?
    3) If you wanna post anyone up, it's gotta be Harden - he's done it before and can do it.
    4) You mad bro? What's with the caps?

19. bj3175

bj3175 Member

LOL You must not have seen EG early in his career he bullied guards on the block by flashing in the lane from the weak side of the ball. He transitioned to shooting the ball more than doing that because of a few knee injuries. But it is still in his game. You are right about harden he could certainly do it and should do it at times to keep the pressure on teams. If step Curry is going to hit threes and dance you have to punish that weakling where he has no advantage a quick iso post up. I am not saying we need to go to that play like we are throwing the ball in to dream. We just need to use all our weapons on teams

waytookrzy079 likes this.
  20. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

I am on the other side of the fence on this... i think the Rockets want all the excuses not to trade Gordon. He is huge part of what we do and our success... and he will continue to thrive in his role.

I am so happy and we are so lucky to have EG on this team... true xfactor. I hope we dont trade him, unless it is for a HUGE UPGRADE.

Rockets FTW likes this.