1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Positive vibes for Austin Rivers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by deb4rockets, Dec 23, 2018.

1. SORF

SORF Member

I liked the chemistry between Gordon and Rivers...they play well together. If they can provide rest time for Harden & CP3 and keep the offense flowing, then I welcome Rivers. I don't have to like him or his mouth...but he better show respect. In my book, rude comments about a player's family is OFF LIMIT.

vince likes this.
  2. biff17

biff17 Member

His what shoot?

3. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Ariza > Parsons > Rivers

But that doesn’t mean I don’t like the Rivers signing. As much as I hate the signing, Rivers will bring the grit and intensity that we need more of that only PJ currently gives us..... and since he’s now a Rocket, we should root for him and hope he can help us!!!

naldodiaz likes this.
  4. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

You seriously think Parsons is better than Rivers?

Guy can’t eveb play basketball

D-rock likes this.
  5. Mr. Dominant

When he was healthy, yeah. Parsons was a great fit with Harden. But right now, oh yea Parsons is done.

6. Mr. Dominant

7. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That guy isn't worth arguing with. He just says nasty stuff to stir up hate. I don't know why they don't ban him unless it's because they don't ban contributing members.

8. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

he's a steal. he's a legit rotational player who has guarded the best perimeter player when playing with paul his last year on the clippers when paul was first team all D. He may not be a defensive stopper, but he's good enough to at least contain great players, which is why harden called him a very good defender....its because he is. he's got quick feet and can shoot the 3 the same as ariza or better right now i think. he's going to play huge for us because he's going to get a bunch of wide open 3s. also his driving ability is underrated. he has routinely drivin into our defense for years and can act as another playmaker. it was a huge signing. i was actually worried about him going to won of the other contenders...one player makes all the difference in the world. we won this game because house and rivers are good role players compared to the others. we were playing two rotational players short before.

we are now just one big trade away from going back to the top of the western conference. we can beat anybody.

9. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

he's a steal. he's a legit rotational player who has guarded the best perimeter player when playing with paul his last year on the clippers when paul was first team all D. He may not be a defensive stopper, but he's good enough to at least contain great players, which is why harden called him a very good defender....its because he is. he's got quick feet and can shoot the 3 the same as ariza or better right now i think. he's going to play huge for us because he's going to get a bunch of wide open 3s. also his driving ability is underrated. he has routinely drivin into our defense for years and can act as another playmaker. it was a huge signing. i was actually worried about him going to won of the other contenders...one player makes all the difference in the world. we won this game because house and rivers are good role players compared to the others. we were playing two rotational players short before.

we are now just one big trade away from going back to the top of the western conference. we can beat anybody.

10. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I agree!! I think all we need now is one more big trade to turn us from competitive to legit contenders to beat anyone this year. Let's hope this is only the beginning to our final tweaks.

D-rock, naldodiaz and jcmoon like this.
  11. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I agree!! I think all we need now is one more big trade to turn us from competitive to legit contenders to beat anyone this year. Let's hope this is only the beginning to our final tweaks. Harden deserves for them to give him all the help we can to surround our MVP with more than streaky shooters, but guys who bring it each and every game.

naldodiaz likes this.
  12. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

We are undefeated with Austin on our team!!! Yes!!!!

elmotsangtt, D-rock and jcmoon like this.
  13. vince

vince Member

Austin Rivers is an ideal fit. He is a 3 point/layup/defense oriented point guard.

Didn’t he only take two midrange jumpers with Washigton? Man that’s what I’m saying, he’s a perfect fit...

jcmoon and deb4rockets like this.
  14. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Awesome Austin. The missing link has been found!!

15. smp

smp Member

The timing of picking him up when CP3 went down was perfect. No need to rely on BK or MCW for extended minutes.

I think Nene deserves some credit too though. He has been important in this run we are on. We have a real center to backup Capela again and that is a luxury we were really missing.

The bench has become much better with the addition of Rivers and Nene.

saleem, BeBreezy and Y2JT like this.
  16. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

He's a pretty pesky defender. I imagine Harden yelling sick em Austin get em boy everytime he's defending people.

deb4rockets likes this.
  17. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

That's 5 wins in a row with Rivers on our team. I see a whole lotta people eating crow. He is a great fit.

saleem likes this.
  18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I want Austin to keep on succeeding. He is a great pickup for us. His shooting and defense are good, he is a decent passer. His ability to get to the basket and finish with his speed is elite.

deb4rockets, D-rock and arabrocket like this.
  19. saleem

I'm eating delicious crow!:) Plowman was right!

D-rock and arabrocket like this.
  20. saleem

Nene does deserve a lot of credit, but the long season is hard on him. I do expect some more good games from him though, including the playoffs.

D-rock likes this.