1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Popovich - "we live in a racist country that hasn’t figured it out yet”

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ipaman, Feb 12, 2018.

1. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

SVG is not familiar at all if he's implicating and accusing ncaa when they have NOTHING to do with the NBA's one-and-done rule.

2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

So, your claim is that the President and head coach of the Detroit Pistons is not familiar with the one and done rule. Please provide the quote where he says the NCAA came up with that rule. I cannot find it, but your googling skills may be better than mine.

Just because he says the NCAA is a bad organization and then adds additional information about how he feels about the one and done rule doesn't mean he's implicating the NCAA or can you not understand how people can switch gears in their conversations?

Do you also not see the possibility that the effect of the one and done rule can influence how NCAA schools recruit or is that beyond your intellectual skills as well?

Rashmon and Deckard like this.
  3. ipaman

perspective matters absolutely which is why we need to tell the truth not make up bullshit which svg did. the ncaa only cares about one color at that is green and that's why i say they are modern day slavery. that's TRUTH and that's the perspective we need if talking about ncaa.

saying the one-and-done rule is racist is FALSE and creates the wrong perspective which is why i think SVG is WRONG and CARELESS. it's why i am harshly criticizing him and pop, because i feel both of them could be doing more harm than good. SVG chose to say that the rule is racist and then proceeded to bring in the ncaa which has NOTHING to do with the rule! that rule was created by Stern and he told us straight from his mouth why it was created. Stern said they (NBA) felt teenagers weren't ready for nba lifestyle and nba game. NBPA collective bargained and agreed to the rule. Neither of them are racists as SVG says which makes it dangerous to do what he did.

4. ipaman

if what you are saying is true than svg thinks stern and nbpa are racists which is ridiculous and the fact that you won't call him out for that is also ridiculous.

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Your mind is like a child similar to Trump. There is no gradient. It's either, "you are a racist, or not".

No one is calling David Stern racist. You and I at least once in our lives have made decisions or judgements that were PARTIALLY effected by our perceptios of certain races. It doesn't make our entire being/existence "racist".

6. ipaman

First of all you're wrong again. I've said many times that it's NOT black and white. You are the inconsistent one, not me.

Stern came up with the rule and SVG said the rule is racist so yeah.... SVG did exactly that. Not sure why so many are quick to defend SVG when he clearly doesn't understand or know what the hell he is talking about. He connected an NBA RULE with the NCAA when they have NOTHING to do with each other! I mean c'mon man, can we not agree that's idiotic. Frankly, I'm being polite by just saying he doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. I think SVG is being let off the hook because this liberal shithole will not agree with me out of spite.

7. fchowd0311

Yup... You are pretty dumb .

8. ipaman

Exhibit A folks, when you are wrong but you just can't find the strength to admit it.

9. fchowd0311

You pretty much ignored my entire previous post and regurgitated the exact same talking point.

One decision doesn't make one's entire being racist. A decision can be PARTIALLY motivated by racial perceptions.

You won't acknowledge this and keep on repeating how "libtards" are calling David Stern racist .

You are dumb. It's sad because at first I thought you were some kid just playing some shtick but nope... you are a fully grown adult who is severely lacking in basic cognitive abilities.

10. ipaman

I've stopped using the word lib***s out of respect for another cf.net poster so quite your lying. The only one lacking in cognitive abilities is SVG for correlating to completely unrelated things and you/everyone else for refusing to call him out for it.

Everyone who's been @ me or replying to me is refusing to acknowledge that SVG connecting an NBA rule to the NCAA is completely bogus. And again, I think the only reason is because I started and bumped this thread and that's a shame. Nobody wants to talk about SVG and his false pretense, just want to talk about me. If that's how it's gonna be then I'll just leave D&D because there is no point.

11. Nook

Nook Member

Honestly, at this point I don’t think you even know what your opinions are.

fchowd0311, Deckard and ipaman like this.
  12. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Some feel that a policy with a racially discriminatory effect is a racist policy. The one and done rule disproportionally affects black athletes, therefore those people would consider it a racist rule. I would say a policy with no racial component is not racist (like college admissions based on SAT scores) but there are those who disagree.

Deckard likes this.
  13. ipaman

Would those same people consider that David Stern and the NBA Players Association (Black President & mostly Black members) created and agreed to the rule collectively? Would those people consider David Stern's own words on why he wanted/created the rule which he said was primarily because teenagers and nba money, game, and lifestyle were a bad combination? Or are they going to ignore those very important facts just so they can play the race card?

That's all I'm saying. The rule is **** and I want it gone but it has nothing to do with race. Making it about race makes it harder to get rid of it imo. Making it about real facts like unfair labor practices, labor law violation, union law, antitrust issues, age discrimination, etc... can actually get **** done and help get rid of it. If SVG would have said the NBA's one-and-done rule is discriminatory based on age and Age Discrimination Act should be amended to protect young workers, I would have stood and applauded him for having the guts to go after the hand that feeds his fat ass and pointing out real legal issues. Instead he went after the NCAA which has nothing to do with the rule in the first place and he threw fake racism in for good measure. Overall a **** take by a coach who probably should let the labor and discrimination lawyers do the talking because he's convoluting this very import issue.

14. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

The league did it to try and protect the teams from themselves. They are still a lot of draft busts but they felt it would be less if they drafted a kid they actually saw play against college competition instead of drafting them off only seeing them play high school games. I still think they should let them go pro out of high school, but lets put in they have to stay 2 or 3 years if they do go to school. That would eliminate a lot of these kids that go to college and try to get that extra payday that leads to stuff like we have seen come out the last few months. Its amazing it took this long for the **** to hit the fan. The ncaa is finally getting egg on its face when they have been letting this **** go on for years, but they turned their heads because it was their money makers that were cheating the most.

15. ipaman

agreed the rule is anti-american and the ncaa might be the worst sports organization on the planet but... they are two separate issues entirely imo and neither are blantant racism.

the nba rule is sort of like social welfare (you can't protect yourself the gov/league will do it for you) and the only color ncaa cares about is green. there is enough real facts there to end both of them.

16. ipaman

THIS is how you have a great, honest, take. Pop and SVG could learn a lot from Lebron.

17. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Cavs banned the heckler who made a Cool Runnings joke to Patty Mills. That's a worse joke than the original.

18. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Pope bobrek I is laying down the D&D liturgical smack in here. Sadly, the capacity to recognize such and therefore obtain the necessary absolution is lacking.

Okay, time to make this thread disappear again...I'll check back later to view ipaman's insults later.

bobrek likes this.
  19. ipaman