1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

POPEYE! How about Chris Gatling?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Caveman, Dec 13, 1999.

1. Caveman

Caveman Member

I don't have an opinion on this isuue. I just want to say, no matter how badly Magics' management want to get rid of their quality players, Doc can somehow still keep getting Ws for that team, with bunch of real scrubs, what a genius coach.

[This message has been edited by Caveman (edited December 13, 1999).]

2. bballfanatic

bballfanatic Member

I read in Fox Sports (through Rockets.rivals.com that the Orlando Magic are looking to move Chris Gatling's salary for room next summer in the fight for Duncan and Hill.

I have always liked his hustle and rebounding.

Anyone know his salary, age, game? Is he a fit for the Rockets?

3. bballfanatic

bballfanatic Member

Doc Rivers is definitely a class act, and I am very happy for his success with his young team. I think I heard they are around .500 so far after a fast start. Good luck, Doc.

4. popeye

popeye Member

BBF:

As far as I have heard, and quite frankly this is borne out by RT's recent national and lovcal interviews, this team is essentially set for the year with only some minor tinkering yet to be determined.

Rudy said so far (up to 12-15-99) that:

1.he was satisfied with the direction the team was heading. Question; Where are they going?

2. he did not foresee any drastic changes in the roster in the coming months despite the injuries.Question #1: Recent "on-going talks" with Mack? Question #2: Recent "signing" of D.Grey? Question #3: Recent "serious inquiries" Ratliff, Taylor, Starks, et al...

3. he would stockpile the "exceptions" (not exemptions)for next summer. Question #1: Is it possible we got an exception for Barkley's career ending injury from the league? Question #2: If so, why wasn't it announced? Question #3: If so, isn't there someone out there available (Mo.Taylor), who would offer a decent talent, a contract ending in the summer, and bird rights? Question #4: (Or) Did Rudy just mispronounce the word and he really meant exemption?

4. he thinks Francis, Mobley and Anderson are the future of the team. Question #1: Cato is not in favor anymore? Question #2: Does that mean Mobes will get an extension or new contract?

5. he stated that with a "good draft pick", the exceptions(exemptions?), the bird rights to Mobley, Drew, etc... they will be in great shape for next year. Question #1: Does this mean he has given up already? Question #2: Didn't he say not long ago he did not want the players or the fans to think he and the Rocket Organization has given up on the team?

Cheers.

5. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

Since CB4 was signed to a 1 year deal, wouldn't the Rockets have to use any favorable salary ruling on the Barkley contract before the trading deadline?

Mango