1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

POLL: Was this Harden's most clutch moment ever?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by topfive, Jan 4, 2019.

?

Was this game-winner against the Warriors the most clutch moment of Harden's career?

1. Yes

53 vote(s)
    96.4%
  2. Think again

2 vote(s)
    3.6%
  1. topfive

topfive CF OG

Harden has definitely hit some huge shots in the past, but I can't remember anything like this one. This was insane.

Think about these factors:
    • Against the hated Warriors
    • Playing on their court
    • On national TV
    • With a former DPOY and Klay's-a-great-defender in his grill
    • After the Inside the NBA crew disrepected him and laughed at the Rockets during halftime
    • Going against 4 All-Stars with 2 of his best teammates out
    • Had to erase a suspiciously horrendous missed call that could've won the game
    • Happened during a week of full-on Harden Hate in the national sports media
    • People questioning whether he's the true MVP
    And I'm probably missing a few.

My conclusion: yes. Yes, it was absolutely his most clutch moment ever.

So far.

#1 topfive, Jan 4, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

Absolutely yes. I just wished it was a playoff game but against a full GS team and hou down key players. that can't be downplayed. This one will be remembered forever

topfive likes this.
  3. mockster

mockster Member

Tbh Harden isn’t as clutch as I would hope. It’s not easy don’t get me wrong not many players are clutch but he’s been plagued with bricks and blown plays with final seconds

Here of late though James Harden appears to have Better confidence in himself that I haven’t seen before. Hopefully this is a turning point for him.

bro2044 and alcatrazpsycho like this.
  4. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

I think Harden is embracing the Mamba mentality. I’m here for it. We were also down 20 points at one time.

5. BigTex

BigTex Member

Harden is now second in clutch scoring to Kemba

6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Didn't he hit a big shot last year to beat Golden State in the regular season as well?

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

of this caliber no. are you referring to the season opener? harden drove the basket for layup to bring houston within 1, with 1:30 left but other than that pj sank 2 ft's to put hou up by 1 for the win

8. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I think so too. I'm not looking at the numbers so perhaps I'm wrong, but I don't remember him relentlessly shooting the ball like this. It's like Mamba mentality but he's also distributing the ball incredibly. Really like what I'm seeing lately.

HTown_TMac likes this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Before that.

Game 5 in the WCF vs the Spurs!

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

And think about the lead up to this game. The comments to the media and in the media about people fouling him and about the MVP coming home. What a perfect storm.. Has to be his clutchest moment.

topfive likes this.
  11. Tuk88

Tuk88 Contributing Member

I would change this to, 'Was this Harden's most clutch moment ever in the regular season?'. If so, then yes. It's a regular season game in the first half, with little to no impact on the season. Clutch is what you do when your season is on the line. I'm sure Harden would say the same thing.

When you think of Jordan's most clutch moments, you think playoffs. When you think of McGrady's most clutch moment, it's the 13 points in 35 seconds during the regular season. That says something.

daywalker02 likes this.
  12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

He didn't look to pass or get bailed out by refs.

His mind was clear and not a **** was given.

Klay OTOH had to change his pants after the shot.

topfive likes this.
  13. YOLO

YOLO Member

such an odd post

topfive likes this.
  14. Reeko

Reeko Member

without question...last night was legendary