1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Poll: Do you want Melo on the Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinywang, Jul 9, 2018.

?

Do you want Melo on the Rockets?

1. Yes

68.5%
  2. No

31.5%
  1. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Sometimes I just really like your posts. Just thought I'd say it.

2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

This guy set a record for me. One post and already on the ignore list.

3. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Given all the melo bashing on board I figure it would be 70-30 no.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The thing is, you got two 34 yr olds. And next season we are back to 'Who's going to be our 3rd star player' game once again.

No way this is a stability that is needed to consistently be a contender. It all hinges on their health as well.

But going to the WCF again would be dope too.

Morey gets you elite talent but the only young talent he got was Harden. The other were mostly old or about to be past their prime.

5. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

Not only is Carmelo Anthony a desperately bad basketball player, standing around and waiting for "his touches", but he is one of the worst additions a good team could make in terms of team culture, team play, work ethic, defensive presence, and character. He's hell on wheels against Angola, but he has the court awareness of a pumpkin, couldn't defend a steak dinner from an aging tortoise, is the third worst offensive player in the clutch in the NBA, and absolutely does not give a damn when his team starts falling apart, which invariably it does. He has always been a poor defender, has become a lackluster rebounder, will not run the floor, and is now a sub-par offensive player. He's lazy and slow and he quits at the drop of a hat. He has neither the intent nor the ability to work hard and improve his game, he treats non-superstar teammates as though they were completely irrelevant, and we're about eight years late in terms of cashing in on his natural talent.

hitman1900 and Zboy like this.
  6. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Sums up Melo very nicely.

Clearly, you have followed his career.

But hey you never know...all of a sudden, at age 34, he might ...you know....change?

Lol

YOLO and c1utchfan925 like this.
  7. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

Can you just stop for once. WE GET IT. YOU DONT LIKE MELO. No one cares

Go outside and take a break

8. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

Melo wouldn't let us go 0/27.. but I'm envisioning the switch heavy team defense isn't going to be as effective this year if we sign Melo. With Melo starting at SF, I can see Tucker coming off the bench at SF or starting at PF.

Either way, we had no shot at keeping Ariza. Luc was pretty darn streaky and going 0/6 or whatever he went when he was in the games against the GSW doesn't help his case for consistency. Is it wrong that I'd be happy with the Rockets beating the Lakers in the playoffs?

Something is going to fall off the the GSW, it's just not possible to keep all those franchise players happy. Least of all Cousins if he doesn't get any minutes once he's healthy. Maybe Green/Cousins/Durant will all combine and break the season record for Techs+ejections.

9. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

It's indeed a poll hard to choose. For me there are a few things need to be ironed out before I can be with Melo.

1. His shooting form last season was ugly. He reminded me of TMac on this regard. HOFer-caliber great players, but their shooting form sometimes can be so hard to watch. Don't get me wrong. I truely believe he can correct everything if he puts in time this summer.

2. If he will trust our two HOF point guards and be willing to play more off-ball game. Again, he can occasionally drive or shoot with the ball in hand especially during times when game gets stagnant, but I truely don't want him to drastically change the way last year how the Rockets played.

3. Will he put 50% of his energy into defensive game?

Three questions. I guess I should choose NO?

10. bmelo

bmelo Member

Let's win with Melo and see what excuse media got for Westbrook this year for achieving nothing

11. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

[​IMG]

I think they want him too. Too bad Lillard's jersey number is not #1. D'Antoni made Harden MVP, coach made CP3 a lot of money and gave GG a Houstonian a chance. Why wouldn't D'Antoni make Melo better? You can't go back to 10 years and state that they couldn't work together. I'm quite sure D'Antoni would say know he is a better coach and a better communicator then when he was with Melo. Go for Melo!

#131 bloodwings19, Jul 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
  12. the shark

the shark Member

Melo is ALL ABOUT $$$$

Whoever is willing to give him the most $ is where he will go.

Zboy likes this.
  13. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

...and glamour, and city life.

I am praying he picks either LA or Miami.

For once, Houston being a low key city might actually help the Rockets lol.

the shark and JW86 like this.
  14. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Not after his showing last year, but it looks like he may be our only option after losing our only two productive wings.

15. JW86

JW86 Member

Last year would've been okay, but after OKC we look like a bunch of losers. This is the 3rd time we are chasing him after he has chosen not to sign with us. Good luck Rockets fans, hope we lose out on him badly. Would make Fertitta and Morey look really silly and stupid with their runitback ****.

16. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

I don't really want Melo, however I think we need to gamble at this point.

17. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

This idiot keeps sending my direct messages like a psycho. Wtf are you talking about? Go away, dingle-berry.

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

I think of inefficient scoring and trash D

19. sammy

Aww you are so booty hurt. With yo living in yo mommas basement lookin ass.. get a life and get back to Lakersground, chump.

Strangers live in your mind rent free. Get a GF or some ****.

20. sammy

Lol. You fkn idiot. I'm a guy and I've been on this forum since your ass was in diapers.