1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Poll: Do you support Tillmann's Danuel House shutdown?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jan 17, 2019.

?

Do you support the Tillmann shutdown?

1. Yes

37.6%
  2. No

62.4%
  1. BigBum

BigBum Member

Let's think in this way, Paul and Knight have taken away all the money in Tilman's budget, nothing left for House.

My best guess is that Tilman would fire Morey if Morey takes the team to repeater tax land and miss the playoffs due to fatigue and injury.

2. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

I think House missed a major opportunity to play with Harden and CP3 for the next 3 years. That's the real way to get on the leagues radar rather than get buried in the G League and have the Nets end up signing you to your first paltry "long term" contract..

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. bj83gc

bj83gc Member

You realize that the professional sports have something called a "salary cap" right?

4. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

not sure what does common sense gotta do with the fact some agents just overprice their players and trying to get the fattest contract out there, it's a fact...

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

so house's agent is over pricing him at minimum? that makes sense to you.

common sense

kjayp likes this.
  6. s3ts

s3ts Member

If you hadn't spent all your cash on CP, you'd be able to afford Danuel House.

If you mismanage your money, and then ask for the other players to lose out because of that, and force the team to be worse off because you don't want to fork over money, then that is on you.

The season isn't worth emotional investment, sure. But if you can't carry my emotional needs with more than said financial investment, you done messed up.

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah shame on cp3 for not playing for free. wth is he thinking

the logic of cp3 is keeping money from paying other players is absolutely dumb. Unless he played for free the rockets would be over the cap regardless. this has been stated over and over yet people still don't understand that aspect. The concept isn't that difficult to understand. atleast do a little research before posting fake news

kjayp and hakeem94 like this.
  8. BigBum

BigBum Member

Wake-up call
    One game bound to 9th seed.
    Bring House back ASAP

Someone has to shut down Zubac Saturday
    Monday at sixers.

9. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

He’s gonna be playing for the minimum wherever he goes so yeah.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. jacoby

jacoby Member

Rockets can use the MLE to retain House guy.

11. bj83gc

bj83gc Member

Only a little over $3 Million left from MLE that yes they could use on House. However House doesn't want that, he wants to play out the season and see if he can cash in over the summer and get paid like Jonathan Simmons did. $6-8 Million per year would easily be thrown at him if he gets playoff exposure with the rockets getting open shots with Harden.

The Rockets know that and figure the only way of keeping him long term is forcing him to sign 3 year deal before getting that exposure. If they convert him they can't pay him more than minimum that because no cap space and no bird rights.

kjayp, hakeem94 and RudyTBag like this.
  12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And the Rockets offered him an NBA contract richer than anyone of his experience / skill level gets. Why should the Rockets who helped him get to this point, give him a one year deal so he can bolt in the off season? How is that smart? We are suppose to let him develop here so he can bolt? Forget it, let him go to the G-league.

fattz, dmoneybangbang and RudyTBag like this.
  13. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

If the Rockets convert his two-way contract, House would be a restricted free agent in the offseason. That means the Rockets can match any offer he gets from another team. The only way the Rockets would lose him is if they decided not to match whatever offer sheet he signed.

kjayp likes this.
  14. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

If House becomes an RFA after this year, we can only match up to $2 MM without using the MLE (which I assume we'd prefer to use to re-sign Rivers).

fattz and Little Bit like this.
  15. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yup. 12 games he was solid and in the perfect situation to succeed. That's not enough to go into FA with after getting cut multiple times already.

He should have locked in that starting spot and guaranteed contract, IMO.

Sweet Lou 4 2, fattz and hakeem94 like this.
  16. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Fair enough. It still doesn’t change the fact that the Rockets would only lose House if they felt he got priced out of their market.

However, according to @ch44, the Rockets didn’t really offer House a fully-guaranteed, long-term contract at the minimum. The contract enabled them to waive him by a certain date and make future seasons non guaranteed. Now, it’s much easier to understand why he declined.

#96 DVauthrin, Jan 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
    ch44 likes this.
  17. s3ts

s3ts Member

I don't care about going over the cap. That isn't the point.

How much did you offer House to the point he scoffs at you? Thats the problem, that you blow away all your cash (not cap room, I don't care about us being in the luxury tax, it ain't my money) to the point where a desperately needed rotational player is getting low balled.

I would tell Tillman, pay House. If you think paying CP 40 mil per season was okay then you really need to sign House. Unless he was asking for Ariza money, then obviously not. But I would doubt that House wanted something like that.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

you should care about going over the cap. that's probably why some of you don't understand the situation and just post fake news. cp3 keeping the fo from spending money is just false. you're going to be in the luxury tax regardless. how is that difficult for you to understand. it isn't

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  19. s3ts

s3ts Member

Did you see me use the word "cap" on my post?

I'm not a fake news guy, so just stop it. I try to be very careful in my wording, Im not even trying to mislead people.

20. BigBum

BigBum Member

Good post!
    Morey does not want to help him out.