1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Poll: Do you like the Clint Capela-Robert Covington trade?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jacoby, Feb 5, 2020.

?

Are you a fan of this trade?

1. Yes

341 vote(s)
    57.4%
  2. No

253 vote(s)
    42.6%
  1. rusHour

rusHour Contributing Member

Too early to say but, $ savings aside, something HAD to be done with this team. instead of standing pat and running with the Harden, (insert all-star guard here) and Capela. That team wasnt getting us to the top. I credit them for doing something different and I will wait to see what this team looks like come playoff time.

BaselineFade and YOLO like this.
  2. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

Can't vote till we see what all goes down by the deadline. Get ready for Dmo part 2. I'm not sure if he can still play. But someone with his ability, would really fit.

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Well said!

If I'm trying to be super positive my answer to this poll would be "*sigh* ****... I mean, I guess..."

But that's only because I had already accepted the fact that Capela was a goner and that Tilman values LTS over picks.

4. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Exactly. We're as mediocre at C now as we were at F before.

The good news is it's harder to acquire an average wing than it is to acquire an average C. Harden's vertical threat on the drive is gone, so Capela better be replaced with a C capable of either 3&D or OOP&D.

Pizza_Da_Hut likes this.
  5. Der Rabbi

Der Rabbi Member

Will need at least an NBA average center in another move before giving this trade a positive grade.

6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

For my thoughts and opinions, just read this post. :cool: Well said.

7. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Baynes and Noel still out there. We have 24 hrs to get it done

BaselineFade likes this.
  8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

he no likey

Os Trigonum likes this.
  9. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Capela for Covington is meh, but whatever, no big deal.

A first rounder to get under the tax is not okay with me.

Relativist and JVL713 like this.
  10. JVL713

JVL713 Contributing Member

Too early to make a decision. I like Covington a lot, but dealing the first to get rid of Nene and Green's contracts as well spoils the deal as currently constructed. If Morey can find a way to fill the ~$12 million in room we've temporarily created, the first rounder could be worth it, but that's contingent on Morey being able to expand the current 4 team deal, which will be difficult. As things stand right this second, it looks like saving $$ was still a big factor, though we did marginally improve.

11. cdxiong

cdxiong Contributing Member

Neutral, looking forward to see how this pans out. Don't know where I get this ideas but Covington seems very fragile to me, not Ariza type durable. If it is Capela for Geremi Grant, I will feel much better.

12. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Ask yourself these questions. What did we win with Capela? Is he an all star?

Yes he can rebound, and yes he can catch lobs off the pick and roll but if we're being honest how much have the Rockets ran the pick and roll with him this year?

This year the Rockets are 10-1 without Capela.

Look I'm not saying Capela sucks but sometimes the identity and play of a team changes. And unfortunately for Clint this year he's the odd man out. We weren't winning anything this year with him so why not change it up? Covington isn't a superstar but he is a true 3 and D player. I'm trusting Morey to get another big body to throw at Davis, Joker, etc.

Nook, backwardhead and YOLO like this.
  13. Newlin

Newlin Member

Think about it. Is Covington worth Capela and a 1st round pick? No other team would pay that.

The Rockets do now have space to add additional players. I feel we need to add at least one additional rotation quality player for this trade to be acceptable.

MrSabotage likes this.
  14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

There will be players to come. We have 2 roster spots. I don't care how we add them if it's via trade or buyout but there are still 2 players on their way.

People need to relax.

BaselineFade likes this.
  15. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

Would be more positive on trade if we could've packaged a couple CF members also......

Nook likes this.
  16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I like it. But I think Covington is overrated. He does what we need, but... does he know how to win? Does he impact the game at a high level? I didn't see that in Philly. And I haven't followed him in Minnesota.

Ultimately I think you need Capela AND Covington AND everyone else on the roster to compete for a title, so...

Relativist likes this.
  17. macan

macan Member

i'm surprised that more ppl voted NO.

18. dmoneybangbang

Big Clint fan but we are increasingly using less PNR, which is surprising given we have two elite PNR guards....or unsurprising when you realize MDA let’s harden play however he wants.

This helps us out in the short term and sets us up to get more help short term and next season.

19. hibbetts

hibbetts Member

I’ll hold judgment until I see what other moves are made by Morey.

20. dmoneybangbang

People just have unrealistic expectations.