1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Poll:Did you watch MJ and Kobe at their perspective primes?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Blurr#7, Apr 4, 2011.

?

Did you watch MJ and Kobe in their perspective prime?

1. Yes, Kobe is better

5.1%
  2. Yes, Jordan is better

74.3%
  3. No, only Kobe but he's clearly better than Jordan on 2K11

2.9%
  4. No, only Jordan but he's clearly better than Kobe on 2K11

1.5%
  5. I like turtles

16.2%
  1. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

I mean if we're gonna compare at least we should have people who have watched them both in their prime. Kinda hard to compared with only one side of the comparison.

2. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Why would you of had to watch both of them play when there's facts that show MJ was a better player?

3. AggieRocketsFan

There's also YouTube. :)

4. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

I saw this picture in the other thread, I thought it pretty much "/debate"

[​IMG]

5. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Jordan never had a proper big man to play with.

Gasol and Shaq have been huge for Kobe's career.

Put Paul Pierce in the Lakers championship sides and I wager they still win them.

6. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

Yes... yes... yes I have seen MJ play since he was a freshman in college at NC... and have seen Kobe play since high school and it is not even close....

Kobe is a hall of famer, but he was not even the best player on his team for half of his career..... MJ was ALWAYS the best player on his team and the best player in the NBA every single year for over a decade.

The only thing Kobe was better than MJ at was shooting the 3 ball.... nothing else...

Comparing Kobe and MJ is like comparing Olajuwon and Ewing.... not even close.

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This looks like one of tinman's polls.

9. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Put Pierce on those Shaq teams and I say they at probably get 2 of those 3. Not sure if they could have beat the Kings or Blazers with them switched out so it would be close. I can't say the same about Gasol bc people continually over hype him just to down play how big of a role Kobe has in these last 2 rings. Gasol was a one time all star before he got to the Lakers. He is a good player but not a great one like Shaq. Pierce might have got one maybe with Gasol. I think if you switched the two out since the big three arrived in Boston Kobe would have got at least 2 rings with the Celtics.

10. NewBigThree09

NewBigThree09 Member

I read all the options and could not bring myself to choose an answer other than the last one.... it is just unethical

11. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Of course Jordan is better. But you can just compare the 2. They both have different greatness. Though Jordan is better, you don't wanna take anything from Kobe. Kobe isn't Jordan but he deserves his own stratosphere.

12. Steve_Francis_rules

Considering how the Lakers won game 7 against the Blazers and game 6 against the Kings, I don't think it would have mattered who was on their team. You could have fielded high schoolers, and the league was going to guarantee them a win.

I think you could also make the argument that the Lakers would have won in 2004 with Pierce. I doubt PP would have been jacking up 25+ shots per game at 35% shooting with Shaq dominating down low all series.

13. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

what the f**k is a "perspective prime?" i think you meant respective.

unbelievably unnecessary thread is unbelievably unnecessary.

1 person likes this.
  14. Blurr#7

LOL, yeah I caught that after I posted it.

15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There should be a poll asking if people even watch basketball.

I think some people just watch commercials and youtube to make their opinions now.

It should have been:
    Who made it to the NBA finals first? Dream or MJ?

if they can answer that question, then their opinions are legit.

16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

kobe is getting closer, i hate to admit it

17. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

the only thing he's getting closer is the # of rings. the media loves to tout anyone who can be close to MJ so they can talk about it. it makes for good stories (just like they enjoy to compare new perimeter players back then to MJ when they came into the L).

there is literally no factual evidence that supports kobe is "getting closer" to MJ.

18. Prince

Prince Member

lol.

people who don't understand stats had to make a poll....:eek:

19. dropshot001

dropshot001 Member

I watched both and mj was the better player. More clutch and did it all with less help.

20. Blurr#7

Not the reason the poll was made. Stats favor Jordan but we all know stats aren't the only thing that define a player. If you want to got there the big O should be the GOAT.

The reality is I've gotten into plenty of discussions with younger people who never watched Mike in his prime, or for that matter ever. They swear Kobe is better and will not take any stats or factual evidence agaisnt their belief.

All I wanted to see was who is basing their opinion on seeing them both play and who is not. You can watch Youtube and all the highlight mixes you want but let's get real Youtube can make anybody look good or bad.

At the same time watchng snippets of a player on highlight videos never give you the whole picture.