1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Poll] BIDEN v trump debates

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Astrodome, Jul 9, 2020.

?

How many debates will occur?

1. 0

42.1%
  2. 1

15.8%
  3. 2

26.3%
  4. 3+

15.8%
  1. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

How many debates will Biden and tRump agree to? You would figure joe would demolish donald with his cognitive abilities. But then again Joe just may want to sit on his insurmountable lead and coast.

Wattafan likes this.
  2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol

B-Bob likes this.
  3. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Biden does not need to debate Trump. I am unsure that there are now really any undecided votes, so debates may have little point.

I think that Biden has already agreed to 3 debates. Biden is an institutionalist, so if most Presidential contests have 3 debates he will too.

Invisible Fan, edwardc and B-Bob like this.
  4. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Hopefully a moderator will ask Trump his top priority for a second term so we can be treated to gems like this...

Screenshot_20200702-204328_Chrome.jpg

5. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

vlaurelio likes this.
  6. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Amiga and B-Bob like this.
  7. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Ha, she is funny. I do like the "not dropping bombs" stance in all seriousness. Trump did provide a crap answer though.

Invisible Fan, Nook and vlaurelio like this.
  8. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

He makes it sound like the presidency fell out of the sky one day and he picked it up. The sad thing is that isn't too far from the truth.

9. CCorn

CCorn Member

Trump is illiterate.

R0ckets03 likes this.
  10. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I find it interesting that the Trump folks think that this is the ticket to getting Trump back in a position to win again when Hillary creamed Trump in the debates and it proved to be a non factor for her. The debates were more of a risk for Trump to not say something like "I hate the military". It was him on the defensive/prove himself not a complete idiot (ala Sarah Palin debates) than it was about the established politician (Biden vs Palin or Hillary vs Trump).

WE KNOW exactly how Trump debates if you can even call it a debate. He'll do three things:

-Talk over Biden, and the moderator... completely avoiding answering any real questions. Filling the airwaves with Trump Greatest Hits hot air
    -Try to get under Biden's skin by baiting with personal unfounded attacks
    -Lie, Lie, Lie, Lie, and Lie some more to the point that it's impossible to fact check and talk about anything else other than Trump's lies

So in so many ways Trump is coming in as the "Established Politician" where Biden is in the position that Trump was in prior, and Palin was in before where if he doesn't fall over from a stroke midway, or say that a woman's place is in the kitchen, the media and the overall population will view his debate performance as a success.

So Trumpers.... not that you will take my advice but if you had to take my advice you should NOT over hype Biden-Trump debates as THIS somehow being the place where Biden is going to collapse.

Also Trumpers are showing their ignorance here because there is a presidential debate commission that has established 3 debates. Yes Biden will prepare for, and show up for those debates. NO he will not show up for a FoxNews debate hosted by Hannity and Rush Limbaugh with an audience of Covid coughers who go "OOOOHHHHH!!!!....." when Trump throw "SICK BURN!!!".

NOBODY will hold it against Biden if he doesn't show up for a Trump campaign rally debate where it's an obvious setup. He'll show up for the NORMAL 3 debates that the commission sets up. I would assume Lester Holt, Chris Wallace, and Anderson Cooper would be the most likely to host. Maybe Gayle King or Roberts also join in on the three debates as well as co-hosts.

#11 dobro1229, Jul 9, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
    Nolen, FrontRunner and dmoneybangbang like this.
  12. bobrek

That is what gets me. Folks question Biden's mental acuity, yet give Trump's wandering answers/responses and mental state a pass. The example I posted is just one of many.

Reeko and Kim like this.
  13. dobro1229

I've never once heard Biden or one of Biden's surrogates say that he will not debate Trump if Trump does not release his tax returns. Why are you jumping in head first on this pro-Trumper agenda items to bank on THE DEBATES as an issue that is a huge Biden negative that you can propagate that will have an impact? Especially someone who claims to not be a Trump supporter, you jump in pretty quick to support pro Trump propaganda any chance you get.

jiggyfly likes this.
  14. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

lol

15. dobro1229

Trollollollollolllooo

16. bobrek

Do you have a link to Biden or one of Biden's staff asking for Trump to release his returns before agreeing to a debate?

17. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

generalthade_03 likes this.
  18. foh

foh Member

I'm guessing that he gets a pass because of having an image of successful businessman and a smooth talking con man. Being uneducated balloon of hot air is probably a good debate skill - Trumpist finally have something to get excited about - maybe Trump will call Biden a nasty old man like he did with Clinton. This is what we elected the guy for - entertainment.

19. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Debating with Trump is like debating with a 3 year old. Can you really win?

Rashmon, Reeko, FrontRunner and 2 others like this.
  20. bobrek

Reeko and dobro1229 like this.