1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Politico] Has a Civil Rights Stalwart Lost Its Way?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Mar 18, 2019.

1. mick fry

mick fry Member

There it is, own that ****!

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There what is? What are you talking about?

3. mick fry

mick fry Member

That’s cute, don’t shy away now.

4. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I'm not shying away from anything I posted. I seriously have no idea what you are talking about.

Maybe you shouldn't shy away. Go ahead and say whatever it is you saw and were referencing in your 'There it is!' post. Say whatever it is you were excited to see in my post, and I will be more than happy to discuss it with you without shying away from anything.

5. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

LOL The pushback on conservatism embracing hate speech and white supremacy. Free speech is under attack!!

No Worries and FranchiseBlade like this.
  6. mick fry

mick fry Member

Cmon man you know what you said. Would it be a bad thing if people of color was a bigger minority? How would you feel if I said that? It’s like some of you guys don’t understand that racism works both ways.

7. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Yes, I know exactly what I said. I asked why it would be a bad thing if whites were the minority? What is wrong with that? I didn't understand why someone would worry about that becoming a reality. It will happen eventually. I just had no idea why it was a point of concern.

What do you think the negatives would be? Why will it be a bad thing when it happens? Why is that a 'There it is!' moment?

8. mick fry

mick fry Member

All in context, you replied to white genocide is why you got the there it is! Not to be the pessimist but your dream of whites being a minority will never happen after all we only have 12 yrs left, 15 tops.

9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

SPLC isn't worth listening to anymore. Been that way for about 10 years now.

Hustle Town and dachuda86 like this.
  10. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I was asking questions. I wasn't advocating any kind of white genocide. That's idiotic to think anyone was advocating that.

11. mick fry

mick fry Member

But admit it you will be ok with less white people. It’s ok.

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You're reaching, a lot.

He was replying to someone who was concerned with the possibility of there being fewer whites and asking why would that person be concerned about it?

Your post above implies that someone shouldn't be ok with fewer whites? Why should someone who takes a race-neutral position care at all UNLESS the group in question was facing an active genocide?

If you take a race neutral position why would you care if there was more or less of any 'race'?

13. mick fry

mick fry Member

He responded to the SPLC wanting whites to be a minority comment and he said would that be a bad thing? How is that race neutral? Trump says we need fewer brown people and I say would that be a bad thing, am I race neutral or racist?

14. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

What a bizarre stretch for you. I am not okay with weeding out any group of people. Your question to me isn't rational based on anything I asked.

I have zero problems sticking by every question I posted. I am at a loss as to why you are trying to paint some bizarre intention to my questions.

15. mick fry

mick fry Member

Not bizarre at all just admit theres a double standard and let’s move on.

dachuda86 likes this.
  16. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

One minorities are, as the name implies already a minority.

Asking if it be okay to have fewer minority people would be bad since nobody brought up that possibility. Someone else brought up the possibility of a change in majority status for whites. I was investigating that.

The community I live in is not majority white. I haven't noticed any additional problems as a result of that.

17. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Your desperation to reach for that idea is a little odd. Just admit it and let's move on.

18. mick fry

mick fry Member

In your community Trump says we need less brown more white, I say would that be a bad thing? Lol we can do this all night but I see what you’re saying, let’s do move on.

19. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Not only did he not say anything about white genocide, he didn't even say anything about less white people. He asked why it would be bad if whites were a minority. (hint: the number of whites could go up and still we could become the minority)

Try to have an honest debate. You may not realize this, but previous posts are there for us to go back and read, so it's not very productive to claim somebody said something that they didn't all in your neverending quest to own the libz.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  20. mick fry

mick fry Member

Moved on, get your stinger back in.