1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Politically Incorrect, But Telling It Like It Is

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by adoo, Sep 10, 2016.

1. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

The most exasperating part of this comment is use of the term haters. Critics, cynics, detractors, there were more than enough words around in the mid-90s to not need to invent this crap. The comment was a bad idea as well, almost seems like an almost literary example of hubris.

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This would not be news if Trump said anything like this about Clinton supporters. Clinton is held to a higher standard so this will hurt her. Only Trump can be offensive and not penalized for it.

3. Exiled

Exiled Member

Those words : haters ,critics ,cynics ,detractors are what's exactly needed to convenes and persuades Trump's supporters to vote for Hillary ,she can be Trump if she wanted to be so.

4. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Only half? Lol it's probably way more than that.

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

She's not writing an editorial column. "you know, haters" or "hatas" is perfect social media vernacular for the masses, especially millennials.

I think this whole comment was planned, especially since she "doubled-down" vs an apology like Romney gave for the 47. I think they chose a Saturday as a trial balloon, that will lose traction by early week, so relatively harmless.

I think this planned, ad hominem, Trump-speak is possibly practice for the debates, to test reaction now to whether Hillary can pull-off a counter punch in a debate to fluster Trump with his own medicine. All you have to do is get him lit to release his unpresidential brash crassness -- and a woman could do that easy.

So far, if the Trump supporters here are any indication, it worked like a charm. They got defensive, flustered and lost sense of their own beliefs, to the point of even talking about PC-ness like their hated SJW leftizoids.

1 person likes this.
  6. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Sometimes the truth just hurts...

Good to see Hillary take off the gloves and punch this chump. I hope she keeps this attitude for the debates.

7. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

LMAO bad press will only hurt her. She even regrated saying it so why would it be a good thing.

8. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

No need to speak for Trump SUPPORTERS. You can speak ON Trump himself:

- Has Trump truly voiced any SINCERE approach about African-American improvement the way YOU described?

If "no", no it doesnt mean to NOT vote for Trump. And that doesnt need to even be an issue to vote on.

I just honestly dont see how Trump is a viable candidate on that issue. Anti-BLM doesnt exactly mean Pro-"P.O.C." education and improvement. Just can mean "enough of BLM/POC" and nothing past that.

9. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Once she said "HALF OF (TRUMP) AMERICANS ARE DEPLORABLE", it was gonna be bad all around, might as well toss in "Hater".

Oddly its blunt comments like that shows a candidate DOES have SOME kind of awareness of the people and culture around them, especially her showing she's not just in some insulated bubble of crafty handlers. Those are very "actual world" sentiments there.

Still its supposed to be a President is ABOVE that level. Save that for Bill Maher. She goofed big.

10. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hillary isn't sorry for calling some Trump supporters deplorable. She said she was sorry about the percentage number that she used.

A significant number of his supporters are deplorable. She was correct. I have no idea what the percentage is.

They chant that Obama is a Muslim at his rallies - which is not only wrong, it isn't a bad thing to be a Muslim. But of course to those people they believe it is wrong, and that is deplorable.

They throw out black Trump supporters because they thing they are there to cause trouble. They agree with Trump when he states that a Federal Judge can't do their job because of their ancestors. They attack and sucker-punch protestors and cheer that kind of behavior.

The supporters that do that are indeed deplorable. Trump has a significant number of supporters that do those things.

It's funny now that they hate political correctness, but when they are the victims of political incorrect statements like Hillary's, they cry and whine and play the victim card.

That isn't surprising since Trump plays the victim card more than any candidate in decades.

11. TheresTheDagger

This statement is opinion just like a "significant number" of Hillary's supporters are deplorable is also an opinion.

In both cases, these groups are still americans and will be represented by one of these 2 candidates as their president.

Making comments that marginalize either group of americans is dangerous and wrong. In fact, it encourages a deepening of hard feelings which leads to more of this type of behavior/feeling. It is a mistake to do anything other than ignore/marginalize them. Clinton (and Trump) are both using rhetoric to win by "divide and conquer".

Supporting either candidate encourages more of this. You can state it's the lesser of 2 evils, but at the end of the day, you still choose evil when you choose either Trump or Clinton.

1 person likes this.
  12. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It is pure opinion. People can have a different opinion if they wish. But I would put people who think chanting Muslim when Obama's name is mentioned as if that's a bad thing, and who support white supremacy, and who think it's good to sucker punch a peaceful protestor, in that deplorable basket as well. I don't really have any use for that kind of garbage.

I'm not a Hillary supporter and won't vote for her, but I do admire that she called deplorable behavior for being deplorable.

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Will Trump represent Muslims, Blacks, Mexicans and so on?

I guess it's ok to marginalize minorities, but not ok to marginalize racists

14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Did you know that EVERY Muslim resident in Jersey city is a 9/11 celebrating terrorist lover?

According to the Donald.

15. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">we're so pc now. everyone is so sensitive. we can't call out problems by their names. <br><br>many of your supporters are racist<br><br>whoa whoa whoa</p>&mdash; ☕netw3rk (@netw3rk) <a href="https://twitter.com/netw3rk/status/774632821646299136">September 10, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Comment rubbed me wrong too, and I even agree with the sentiment. As the leader of the free world though, she needs to be more careful with her language. You can't write people off like that. I'd say people are espousing deplorable ideas, but the people themselves are redeemable. I think this Trump candidacy has crystallized a lot of ideas for people that had previously only been vague resentments. I think Trump has already made the country more racist, more xenophobic, more sexist, more callous than before by giving resentments a structure to hang upon. But, if the ideas which have become so popular this year were formed, then they can be reformed. People now dabbling in alt-right because of Trump may move on later. Just like people advocating violence against cops may redeem themselves later. No reason to write them off as inherently bad people -- they are roughly as bad as everybody else. The problem is not them but the pernicious ideas they're entertaining.

17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It sounds a lot like the "some Mexican immigrants" are rapists and murderers comment.

Only worse because these group of deplorables can vote...

18. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Trump loves the Hispanics.

[​IMG]

19. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Trump will represent Americans.

20. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

she is politically incorrect, but she is right

the media is politically too correct, to the point of being wrong in this case

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/09/they-are-all-breitbart-now/499511/