1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Political Effect

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mrjohn, May 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrjohn

mrjohn Member

Is Yao finally getting some love because we are in a recession and China is bailing us out? In the years past Yao never got as much ref love as he's been enjoying this playoffs. A lot of us seem to feel there are agendas in the NBA. Is this one?

2. corby

corby Contributing Member

This definitely deserved its own topic.

3. YallMean

YallMean Member

Lot of us have been saying this kind of conspiracy stuff mainly for venting purpose. I wonder how many really believe it actually is true. In grand scheme of thing, it is just putting the ball in the basket, political influence? :D

4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I think we can safely say of course not. Do Americans actually like the Chinese now more because they finance our debt? Just the opposite, I think there is more resentment now than before.

5. mrjohn

mrjohn Member

China is a very controlling country as we all know. It may not have been stated but the NBA may feel some obligations.

6. landryfans

landryfans Member

Oh, yes, China gonna make US as a colony states.

7. mrjohn

mrjohn Member

But do we need to appease the Chinese more now since they have an enormous role in financing our debt? It more about America and China than the Americans and Chinese, there's a difference.

8. corby

corby Contributing Member

Yeah, I know when Kobe drives to the hole tonight, and Yao shuffles his feet as he's drawing contact outside the charge line, Joey Crawford is going to be thinking, "Foul!"

But then he's gonna be all like, "Oh, *****! With the high economic uncertainty inherent in the privatization process, financial markets in China are characterized by large information asymmetry. In contrast to the prediction of conventional theory of capital structure signaling, current debt levels will lead to underpricing in the Chinese market related to its pre-IPO leverage.!"

"CHARGE! Rockets Ball!"

1 person likes this.
  9. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

This is one of the dumbest things I have read on this forum in a while.

China's bailing us out of the recession?
    This is why Yao is getting properly called in the NBA?

What?

10. bravo six

bravo six Contributing Member

well played

11. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

LOL ... I like it.

12. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

So Wen Jiabao has ordered Obama to order David Stern to order his referees to make fair calls for Yao Ming or else they will divest themselves of their American investments? Sounds likely.

13. mrjohn

mrjohn Member

haha. very funny. I hope it's not the case too. it be a shame if it were. coincidence only.

14. Ashes

Ashes Member

China called up David Stern and said, "We'll give you and your country a bunch of money if Yao Ming leads the Houston Rockets to the NBA Championship."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.