1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Police Auctions; any experience?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Clutch City1993, Jun 28, 2018.

1. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

What up guys. Houston resident here.

Looking for a used car for under 10k. Cash is cool.

Anyone ever bought from a police auction?

I'm sure I'm late to the game and figure people shop all the time.

Just wondering if anyone knows of this route.

ramotadab likes this.
  2. smokieethabear

My brother-in-law has a mechanic shop so they tend to buy cars from police auctions and do some basic fixing and sell. He said they've actually gotten some crazy deals where they've paid like 4K for a car. They then buy about $500 worth of parts and fix it up (with labor it would be about $1500). They then flip the car for like 8K or so.

I personally haven't shopped at these sort of auctions but that's cause I'm a sucker for the new car smell.

3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Get a dealer's license for $500 and go to a dealer-only auction.