1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Please do not trade Francis!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bigboymumu, Jun 10, 2000.

Tags:
  1. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Dr of Dunk - This is hard, but dont kick my ass after what Im gonna say .. GO KENYON GO!!

KENYON MARTIN 4 LIFE! [​IMG]

------------------
    President of the Moochie Norris FAN CLUB

2. D.R.E.A.M

D.R.E.A.M Member

Trade Francis?!?!?!
    You people must be kiddin, right?

someday, when Francis becomes the new MJ, im gonna watch you people eat ur words!

------------------
    Dream's Team!

3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

You POOTYHEAD!!!! [​IMG]

------------------
    Just shut up and post

4. IA Rocket

IA Rocket Contributing Member

Marcus Fizer said that Rod Thorn told him that New Jersey was going to keep their first pick. For what its worth.
    http://www.sportstalk.com/nba/draft/rumors/index.shtml

Iowa State's Marcus Fizer said he was still trying to answer questions about his ability to make the jump from the 4 to the 3 in the NBA. 'Yeah, teams have questions about my ability to shoot and to handle the ball. But you know what, I never had to do those things in college. Larry Eustachy was the coach, not me. I did what the team asked me to do and I wasn't asked to do those things. But it doesn't mean I can't do them. I can shoot the ball. I can handle the ball. I am confident in my abilities. That's what these workouts are for, to show teams that just because I didn't do those things in college doesn't mean I can't do them in the pros if it is what's best for the team.' Fizer has worked out for the Nets (he says Rod Thorn told him they were keeping their pick), Magic and the Clippers. He'll workout in Vancouver on Tuesday.

5. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Man I wish they hadn't made that up on the radio!!

It's a totally hypothetical trade made up by Rich and Kenny on Star 610.

------------------
    We need some meat in the post!

6. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Crisco-Indiana wouldn't do it. They lack 7 footers. That's why LA is beating them.

First sign Muresean as a FA. Then, we should trade for that Dirk guy. He's 7 foot and can play SF. Then at #9, draft Primoz Brezec. He's 7 foot, and he used to play SG. Then trade everyone else except Walt Williams for Kevin Garnett. He's really 7'1'' or 7'2'' and can be our PG. Then we trade Walt for Shawn Bradley, we'd be unstoppable!

C-Muresean 7'7''
    PF-Bradley 7'6''
    SF-Nowitzki 7'0''
    SG-Brezec 7'0''
    PG-Garnett 7'1''

------------------
    Rockets fans wanted at hoopsboards.com

Draft Chat, NBA Chat, Team Chat, and more!

7. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Thats a great idea Nikestrad. Now we will see who Kobe wants to pick on. [​IMG]

------------------
    President of the Moochie Norris FAN CLUB

8. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

yep. Let's see Shaq take on Muresean and Bradley!

Remember Muresean's old commercial for I think it was Snicker's? "You want to smell like me?" LOL!! That had to be one of the best commercials.

Closing in on 500..

------------------
    Rockets fans wanted at hoopsboards.com

Draft Chat, NBA Chat, Team Chat, and more!

9. Primetime

Primetime Member

BBmumu,

Why keep Francis? What has he done for the franchise, or the NBA? Its not like he has potential. Its not like he'll be a superstar. You gotta learn to trust the Rocket braintrust, after all, aren't we the team that passed on Rashard Lewis for Drew and the dude from Turkey?

Seriously now, trade Francis and you might as well take the damn team to Las Vegas or wherever an offer exisits because I don't think the city will be too happy with the trading of a unique talent such as Steve.

10. RocketsPimp

Why anyone would want Marbury over Francis is beyond me. They are both really good ball players, but at least Steve can do an interview and have something meaningful to say.

Marbury is the only guy in the NBA that is actually dumber than Shaq. I think I'll start calling him 'Lil Shaq.

------------------

11. 3pointer

3pointer Member

I hope you guys are just kidding if not am gonna say this..... what a STUPID idea !! yes, that's right,I said STUPID idea... and I stand by it !!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
    It's all about marketing !

12. RocketsPimp

You just know we're bored when we start talking about trading Francis.

KJ anyone???

[​IMG]

------------------