1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Please Bring this back!

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by texanskan, Oct 13, 2008.

1. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

2. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

i will always agree with that.

i got them to play that at Howl at the Moon in Baltimore 2 or 3 years ago (when other people were paying to duel between Hail to the Redskins and whatever the Ravens song is.. yeah all of a sudden you heard "we're the houuuuuuuston oilersssss")

3. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

The Dolphins still use it... and they'll tell you the Oilers stole it to begin with.

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

This ship sailed. As much as I wish they were called the Oilers and wore Columbia blue, the Texans aren't going to do anything that harkens back to that franchise, aside from recognizing guys like Earl Campbell before a game every now and then.

5. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Contributing Member

Man I just got goose bumps listening to that.

6. FrancisFan3

FrancisFan3 Member

They can get Mr. Luke to make a song like he did with the Rockets last season. Just replace the "Rockets" with the "Texans" and the song can be called "Houston Texans, That's My Team."

7. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

Agreed. And until they ARE called the Oilers and wear Columbia blue, I won't give two craps about them. I don't want them to lose because they represent my hometown. But they'll never be my team.

I like the Eagles. I follow the Eagles. But my NFL ship sailed long ago when a crappy commish let an even worse owner snatch my team away from a city that supported it.

Well, until he decided to move it to tennessuck. I'm proud that my city refused to go after that debacle. I hate bud adams, and while I can't wish ill on him, if he got hit by a bus, I wouldn't cry.

8. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

9. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

10. droxford

droxford Member

11. droxford

droxford Member

Yup. According to Wikipedia, "The song was written and composed by Lee Ofman. Ofman approached the Dolphins with the fight song but was rejected. He then turned to the Houston Oilers who adopted the song. Miami later accepted it as their fight song."

Here's Miami's verison:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UlMnfHqPefY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UlMnfHqPefY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

12. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

And blowing huge leads in the second half of games.

13. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

well, that's an excellent point! :)

14. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

The Dolphins should just give the song back to us, if for no other reason than them having an alltime record of 0-4 against the Texans.