1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

PlayStation 4 Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Swishh, Jun 15, 2013.

1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

So if you ever let your subscription lapse, even for one day after a annual membership is up they will take the game away?

2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Yeah 3 months is fine, 2k17 will be out in 4 months anyways. I have 2k16 on my Xbox as well, but I have a friend who I play 2k with often on ps4. Had 12 bucks on a gift card, so went ahead and bought a 3 month plus card at GS.

3. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

Well, it stays on your HD, you just won't be able to play it during that lapse in your subscription.

4. bigben69

bigben69 Member

Just now getting a chance to catch up on all of the E3 stuff. Man God of War looks amazing. Sony killed it this year. Lots of new games. Resident Evil looked cool but hopefully they still have the 3rd person view when not in VR mode.

5. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Rockstar was supposed to show up in a big way at E3 this year. Rumor had it that they would announce the release of Red Dead Redemption 2.

There was no big announcement from Rockstar, really.

I'm a little disappointed.

6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Rockstar has been bad ever since they realized that they can make millions off of selling new hairstyles on GTA Online. Why bother making single player content or creating new IPs when they can just get easy money monetizing the hell out of GTA Online. GTA Online was probably the worst thing to happen to Rockstar.

7. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I'm more than a little disappointed. I'm waiting for backwards compatibility or something, I would buy the first game again without hesitation. Not to mention the expansion (Undead Nightmare) is also one of the best DLCs I've ever played.

That's kind of a big assumption you're making there. I can't speak to GTA Online since I don't play it, but just because they're making money off that definitely doesn't mean they don't have multiple development teams working on multiple properties. Rockstar has always taken their time to release games, and that's why they're always good. (Not to mention they have extremely talented developers)

8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

It's obvious that Rockstar has shifted focus from single player to GTA Online. Just look at the DLC that they've released for GTA V. GTA IV had THREE lengthy single player DLCs released, GTA V will have ZERO. Compare that to the dozens of DLC updates they've released for GTA Online containing new game modes, dozens of new cars, hundreds of new clothing items, and other customizations. What makes it more apparent is that NONE of these new items make it to single player, not even new vehicles. There is no reason that single player can't get the new vehicles as well. They just want people to play GTA Online.

So yes, it's very clear that rockstar has stopped caring about single player experiences and would rather milk GTA Online.

9. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

You're talking about DLC now, that's not what you said a moment ago. That sucks that they have left the fans of the single player experience out to dry in that regard. However you have 0 proof they are not working on other games, and I can guarantee you they have at least 2 or 3 they're working on. (Not counting GTA Online.)

10. marky :)

marky :) Member

Because the GTA online experience was way more fun than the single player. You could play the online experience as a solo player or even by yourself in a server but it was more fun with friends.

Why offer DLC's to single player mode when probably the same DLC content can be released for online only?

11. Swishh

Swishh Member

Satisfied with the exclusives shown, but out of the 4 big games they revealed, NONE of them have a release year. Kinda pathetic, especially showing that Kojima game that isn't releasing anytime before 2020.

12. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Genius

13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I'm getting old -- i'm probably still years away from upgrading from the PS3 -- playing Far Cry 4 right now and the graphic IMHO are awesome.

14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Iv been waiting for a application like PS now for a long time. Really love the setup, basically Netflix for games. Future of gaming, jump right into a huge pool of gamea, play whatever you want to play, no downloading, no storage, no driving, no broken disc, just pay a subscription and play.

Of course PS now is really bad, it's been kicking me out of every game, lagging like crazy, like 90% of the games are old cap... but when it's mastered, smooth/polished with a big selection of quality games... it will sweet.

15. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YtFzTsJTmVM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jxRRYeQTcuA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Only 20 bucks for this game... upgrade is going to happen sooner than later.

17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

^How would you even play that? Hit X to make a swimming motion with your arms?

$20 sounds right. Don't know if there's any replayability with a game like that.

18. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Wonder if that will be PSVR compatible down the road

19. bigben69

bigben69 Member

Tried out PSVR at Best Buy today. Pretty awesome. Was a lot smoother than I expected. I was worried about the graphics at first but once I saw things close up, looked great. The headset was comfortable. The head tracking was extremely precise and tracking the controller through the headset was cool. The guy working also reminded me that they were just demos and the full games will look even better. I was impressed.

20. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Thanks buddy. 2K16 + live for 3 months was worth the $18, especially since I had a gift card.

Xbox ended up breaking as well, so really glad I did it.

Anybody play Gat out of hell? It's free on the ps store. Man.. saints row 2 was one of my all time favorite games, it's a damn shame what they did to that game.