1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Playoffs started yesterday....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Le$$, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Well based on Simulation.

Rockets if season was going, and none of this would of happen. What kinda of Records or teams do you see Houston playing?

Yesterday would of been great with playoff saturday. I can imagine a early game with the rockets

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2020/...n-what-rest-of-2019-20-could-look-like-in-nba

Based on this, i would of personally hated to see the rockets lose a game 1, because the small ball lineup messed up in game 1, as it says the nuggets win by 8. Also the rockets finally figuring small ball out being down 3-2 going to Denver would of been nuts in first round.. (I went with ringer cause i seen some similar projections, and they seemed accurate. )

Anyways losing to Lakers in 6, would of kinda just been terrible way to go out, but i can kinda see it happening. Clippers beating the Bucks in the finals would be no surprise, as they were looking pretty dang solid near closure.

2. AstrosRockets1818

Season needs to be officially canceled and get ready for 2020-21 season.

s3ts, RasaqBoi and deb4rockets like this.
  3. Le$$

Le$$ Member

I think some how there going to come back in June for a summer league like setting in Vegas, where all teams will play a short 5-7 game prelude, with a 16 team playoff bracket based on standings after those 7 played games. Guess that suck for pelicans and blazers , but they have to win it out to get a chance i suppose, and i doubt in this event the mavericks or thunder would move up any.

I could see rockets moving to that 4th seed and maybe punching the nuggets to the 5th. But personally if there any truth to this what adam silver told tnt sports, i guess i would not mine actually. There would be no crowds at the event, it be like summer league. Just players going at it. It be pretty cool. I mean why not ? If there going to be safe protocol for the all the teams in this event?

4. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Just cancel and start over next year.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  5. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

As long as Harden and Tucker stay in shape, this team can desperately use the rest.

I hope there are regular season games to be played. This team is better than its record once it goes through its initial ups and downs. I think we need to somehow find a 6th man of the year type C for when we want to go big. Feel like we should trade Gordon for someone like that. Dedmon would be a nice addition.

6. rockets13champs

Nah

Tfor3 likes this.
  7. rockets13champs

Yeah especially with a lot of restrictions getting lifted the nba is coming back for sure

8. s3ts

s3ts Member

GSW got bitter that their team was garbage this season so all the silicon valley nerds financed the development and deployment of COVID-19 to make sure this was forgettable for everyone in the whole world.

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

Rockets losing to 1 of the LA teams in the 2nd round was looking like the most likely outcome before the season got put on hold

napalm06 likes this.
  10. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

They'll be average when they just have the cream puff brothers without KD too. We've all been waiting years for it.

11. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Mike d'antoni does not deserve this in his final year under contract.

God speed for the world and nba. This might be 'bigger than basketball'!