1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Playoffs: Houston vs the Competition (Scores, Chat, Injuries, Analysis, etc...)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by deb4rockets, Apr 12, 2019.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I started this thread for the same purpose as I did the Road to the Playoffs thread. It's basically for general chat about all the playoff games and our competition. One thread to do some playoff smack about our competition, predictions, analysis, injuries, gossip, and all that makes the playoffs exciting.

I'll start with my first wish. I hope we play the best ball we have all year, play with the heart of Champions, and never give up, get lackadaisical, or sloppy. If we do that, we've given it our all and made our fans proud, win or lose. Lets do this!! Go Rockets!!!

Now for my secret wish of evil. I just want to see the Clippers bring in a bench player for one play, just for the purpose of smacking that mouthpiece right off of Curry face as he stands there with his cocky smirk chewing on it as he gets ready to shoot free throws from a finger touch.

2. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I'm a little bummed all our games are late as usual. Go figure, two west coast teams get the afternoon slot Sunday. I hate GSW. Maybe second round (fingers crossed & no jinx) we will actually get earlier slots since they love showing GSW in prime time

snowconeman22 and BeBreezy like this.
  3. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

Warriors fans in my circles (don't judge me) all appear to be more afraid of facing the Rockets in the second round than Rockets fans are! :D

Also, Steph may have an ankle sprain, not just a "foot sprain".

D-rock, Cstyle42, BigMaloe and 5 others like this.
  4. Bo6

Bo6 Member

why do warriors ALWAYS get an early start (extra rest when they close their series out) every post season?

Earnie Banks and deb4rockets like this.
  5. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

If I were the Rockets, I would be worried about facing the Rockets too!

6. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Because they are the Golden Boys who walk on water. I want to see Beverley and Curry get into a brawl personally, and see Beverley knock that cocky grin right off his face.

7. steveng125

steveng125 Member

Rockets over jazz in 5

Rockets over warriors in 6

Rockets over OKC in 7

My predictions if everyone is healthy

hakeem94, Jayzers_100, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  8. biina

biina Member

Without injuries, warriors in 6 is not going to happen. They have HCA and are fully capable of winning on the road

9. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

In 6 is the only realistic way it happens because they have home court advantage.......... we don’t want a game 7 at gs

10. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I've gotten to a point in my fandom, that I dont want a championship anymore for ME.

I want a championship for Harden. I legit believe I will be more excited that Harden will finally get validation as one of the BOATs.

I will obviously be super stoked to see my team win it all, but at this point I find myself envisioning the elation for Harden and him finally receiving the respect he rightfully deserves.

clutchdabear, jcf, RayRay10 and 10 others like this.
  11. topfive

topfive CF OG

Hmmm... something's conspicuously missing from your playoff predictions.

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  12. biina

biina Member

Not wanting a game 7 in Oracle doesnt automatically make winning in 6 realistic.

Like them or not, GSW are an experienced and championship group, who are hard enough to beat in 7 games, talk less anyone anyone beating them 4 out of 6.

Last season, with HCA, it was 3-2 after 5 games and you expect same without HCA?

Also those with the power would like another 7 game series to milk it.

deb4rockets likes this.
  13. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

If Rockets are winning all close games and 4 of 6 games are nail biting close games that we pull out then that's the only way I see us winning in 6.

14. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Very intriguing. I was telling my friend the other day that I believe OKC will go deep. They certainly aren’t a great team by any means but they’re a boom or bust type team. Long defenders, decent 3 ball, and 2 ball hawking stars make them a big threat to anyone. God help the rockets beat the warriors this year. My only concern is that 3rd quarter and those dry spells on offense. The team acts like they don’t know how to run a basic offense or score in 4 to 5 possessions in a row. Just ludicrous. Again we talked about it on this board about plan B when the shots aren’t falling or harden goes stale on finding ways possibly in the post or pick and pop. So this is my only concern about this team. It’s going to be crazy I feel.

deb4rockets likes this.
  15. steveng125

steveng125 Member

Yeah, okc has an easy road to the wcf and I think it will last 7 games because the rockets will be a little wore down by that series. I know the rockets are going to leave it all on the table for the warriors and may effect them going forward because it’s going to be a war lol.

Honestly, the rockets just bring it for the warriors but I can also see the refs being one sided and handing games to the warriors.

bj3175 likes this.
  16. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

I think
    Rockets 4:2 Jazz
    Rockets 4:3 Warriors
    Rockets 4:2 Thunder or 4:1 Denver
    Rockets 4:2 Raptors

Cstyle42 and D-rock like this.
  17. clos4life

clos4life Member

All things being equal, the Denver nuggets will beat Oklahoma City. For whatever reason, Denver just dominates OKC. If it's a conference finals showdown, the Rockets will most likely play against Denver.

joshuaao, BeBreezy and deb4rockets like this.
  18. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Isn't that the truth!

19. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

That's very possible. I think it will be a good series. I'm rooting for Denver.

20. bj3175

bj3175 Member

I dont think OKC can beat Denver. Denver owns them

tmoney1101 and deb4rockets like this.