1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

playoff race : REALLY START CHEERING FOR THE JAZZ!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketfish, Feb 3, 2000.

Tags:
  1. rocketfish

rocketfish Member

i was just reading the topic "playoff race : cheering for the jazz?" by rocketability, and i was just wondering .....we only have a realistic shot at making the 8th spot in the playoffs....so who do i want the rockets to be playing in the first round.

i came to the conclusion that i would like to play the jazz. i think we have the best shot at making it further with us playing them.

i would like to know who you guys think we would have the best chance at advancing in the playoffs by playing?

portland 34-10
    lakers 34-11
    san antonio 29-16
    jazz 27-16

------------------
    "A Champion team will always beat a team of Champions"

2. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

maybe the jazz, but the spurs would be nice. i think our backcourt is far superior, and if cato and hakeem are healthy, our frontcourt could at least compete.

The spurs just dont have alot of players that impress me.

------------------
    "Don't they get cable in Canada ?" Keith olbermann, after watching hakeem block terry catledge's shot 5 times.

3. Rocketability

Rocketability Member

In case it's the Lakers, by the time of the playoffs, Charles will have joined us, and who was the one who got slammed onto the floor by Charles? No fear!

If it's the TrailBlazers, we will have a superstar (?) called Snottie Quitten to cheer us up.

If it's the Spurs, as you all said, we'll have our backcourt burning them to death.

If it's the Jazzholes, we will have to put Charles on the bench and not let him get killed by Malone. Malone has Charles! [​IMG]

Basically, as long as we get into the playoffs this post season, we have no fear against whatever team. Just like what Rudy said to his team before the Lakers' game, "We have nothing to lose."

[This message has been edited by Rocketability (edited February 03, 2000).]

4. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

Adrift at sea without anything to eat and worrying about what meal you would like best. Get rescued and be thankful for that.

If everything would fall into place, the Rockets would have made one of the most incredible turnarounds in a season and would have played about .700 ball the rest of the way in. If the Rockets were that hot going into the playoffs, the confidence level would be so high that they wouldn't care.

Mango

5. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Another loss by the spazz. That's 5!!!

Its a long season, anyone else think the spazz might be losing their legs and showing their age?

6. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

The Jazz are almost the eight seed. Wouldn't it be cool if the rocs could knock them out.

Unlikely though.

7. Elie#17

Elie#17 Contributing Member

Rockeability,

What the heck are you talking about? No fear? This isn't the logo of a t-shirt we're talking about. Even if the team doesn't have fear in competing or playing against bigger, more athletic teams-- does it mean we can consistently play against them? I know we've had some very impressive victories as of late, but the Lakers are still the Lakers, portland is still portland, the spurs are still the spurs, and the Jazz are still the Jazz. (overlook the redundancy and just realize the point i'm trying to make.)

These teams are STRONG teams. I'm not saying there's no way in hell that we can beat these teams, but it's still unlikely. Sure, francis is francis, and he can take many opposing guards..but .. who wants to go against Tim Duncan, or Shaq?

We barely beat the 76'ers last night..and ahem.. realize that their front court is weak in comparison to what we'll face in the West. I think this could be a problem. Our guard combination has yet to be the consistent, well performing team that it needs to be inorder for us to use that as an advantage over, let's say San Antonio as someone tried to say. Mobley goes for 23, and then the next game 3 points on 1 for 7. You can't have that when Tim Duncan gives 25 and 13 boards. Or shaq has 27 and 19.

-Elie#17