1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Plaxico Burress interest in the Texans! Should we sign him???

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by cookies18, Jul 15, 2011.

1. cookies18

cookies18 Member

I read an article saying the Burress is interested in signing with the texans. I was shock and excited. I hope the texans would sign him sincce i think he can return to his old form. With him, our passing game would be unstoppable with Johnson, Walter, Owens, and Jones. Plus Jones is becoming a free agent so he Burress would be a nice addition.

Article: http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2011/7/10/2268990/plaxico-burress-news-jets-texans-eagles

What do you guys think? Should texans go for him?

Sign him for like 2mil for 1year with a team option for another year.

2. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

3. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Now, do you REALLY think the Texans would even entertain the idea of adding Plax?

4. cookies18

cookies18 Member

Yeah, after the lockout Jacoby Jones is going to be a free agent i believe and he would be costly to resign like Walters contract.
    Burress is a deadly weapon to have at the slot and maybe can beat walter for the starting position. I believe he can excel with the Texans.

5. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

On the field, might be worth a shot but he's been in jail for 2 years and was having a crap season when the idiot shot himself.

I actually meant that the Texans just do not go for problem children. If he was just a idiot then maybe but with all his legal problems, I doubt they would even consider the guy.

6. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

Sure, can Plax play cornerback or safety?

7. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Leaving McNair's and the Texans history out of it, I wouldn't mind having him on the team at all. As outstanding as AJ is, he's not a speed freak. Having a first tier vertical threat that doesn't have Jacoby's stone hands would cement us as the most dangerous offense in the league, bar none.

I have no concerns about his character. I'd take him over Moss ten times out of ten going into this season.

He'll almost certainly make twice that amount. The question is, do we chase him and cut out cap space while we're bidding on Aso and other secondary guys? I don't put much stock in the likelihood of bringing in Aso...but why cut our own legs out over another receiver? The offense is already an A to A- and Plax would make it A++. Meanwhile, the defense is a F. Pumping resources into making it a C will be a lot more rewarding in W/L.

8. cookies18

cookies18 Member

^^^^ I doubt he'll make more than 3mil. Not many teams are interested except the Jets, bears, and eagles. If you read some other articles, he says he is super interested in signing with the Texans.

Plus Rick smith gotta stop being cheap!!! True we do need a better secondary! We need to use our salary cap and stop being cheap!

And maybe try to put plaxico at the safety or cornback position.

9. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

10. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

He is going to be 34 when this season starts, and just like mike vick and he will be rusty, so he is going to have one season to shapen up.
    then he will be 35, he maybe (not sure) have a good season next year, but then he will be 36 and decline.

owens, ochocinco, moss, they are all in decline and are over 33.

11. rezdawg

But, its a lot tougher coming back from a lay off and playing QB than it is to come back and catch a ball. Any rust that he may have will be shaken off during training camp.

12. cookies18

cookies18 Member

Dude, this at least has evidence that he is interested in Texans and not jsut of an idea of getting him, Now we have a reason to get him cause he is interested. Plus this is recent of him saying it. He never said he was interested last month. just saying. He would be a nice addition.

13. rezdawg

The reason he posted the link to that thread is because it was discussed in there that Plaxico has interest in playing for the Texans...therefore, he's basically saying this thread is repetitive because that topic has been covered.

14. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

I think they are posting that thread because it contains the link to the video interview this article seems to be talking about.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/09000d5d820a7f02/Where-will-Burress-land

I would like to have him.