1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pj Tucker Looks at ball ?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Le$$, Jan 23, 2019.

1. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

So that means either 1 get ain't shooting n hitting enough if he cant even make 4 buckets a night. That's sad.

gfab-babyboi likes this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

which contradicts your posts and what you replied to.

3. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

How either he shoting good from 3 n not shoting enough or he just not even hitting at all....both are bad

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

you were literally given the numbers for his shooting for the 9 game stretch which were great numbers. you then reply to a post saying specifically, notice how i didn't mention anything about his 3. But wait you apparently watch every single game blah blah. But somehow, now this is surprising to you, that PJ averages maybe 1 shot that's not a 3 pt attempt.

So what exactly are you talking about then. To you he isn't hitting shooting or hitting enough as you say, yet those numbers specifically say different

5. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

You said he's been "playing bad" and needed to be roasted. He's been shooting over 50% from 3 (where nearly all of his shot attempts originate) and playing stellar defense for a stretch of 10 games now, outside of last night. He averaged 8.7 PPG over that 9-game winning streak, which is more than the 7 PPG he's averaged over his career. If you ever expected PJ to be lighting it up offensively beyond shooting efficiently on limited 3 point attempts, you probably haven't watched him as much as you think you have.

6. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Smh, let's be honest, you're a PJO fan aren't you? I kid, I kid.

I think we definitely do see signs of wear in his shot when he's asked to play more defense, but c'mon, that's reasonable. We lost by 2 last night. Two. That Harden "charge" that was a block in the 1st, Dray acting like a crybaby on multiple occasions and not even sniffing a tech, missed WIDE OPEN shots by almost everyone... if one of those things flips, we aren't even having this conversation. Like Game 7, the warriors had a lot of luck last night to come out and only win by a small margin.

7. topfive

topfive CF OG

Speaking of which: Why was there no tech (or at least a delay of game) against Steph for taking a 3-point shot from the bench? I guarantee you if that had been Harden doing the same exact thing, they'd have dinged him on it.

It was idiotic of Steph to be standing in that spot in the first place, a foot from the sideline and showing up in Boogie's peripheral vision as a wide-open passing target.

8. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

move tucker to 3

9. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I thought the same thing when it happened. Nobody else would have gotten away with that BS except "princess".

10. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

YOLO continues to defend PJ Tucker and his sub 9 PER (the lowest PER rating for all NBA starters who play more than 35 MPG). At this point, I would start House instead of Tucker. Tucker has played way too many minutes this entire year plus he sucks so yeah a change is needed.

11. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

My favorite thing about this thread: Anytime somebody on this board rags on P. J. Tucker, that's a pretty strong sign that during Rockets games, the poster in question is only looking at the ball.

Houstunna, noppeper and heypartner like this.
  12. YOLO

YOLO Member

shut the hell up. you were done a long time ago. how many times were you tagged within the last month. you're definitely one of the chicken littles thats been waiting for the team to lose so you can finally pop up. hiding like a coward.

live look at @Giant9erRocket
    [​IMG]

13. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

What actually happened was... he shot great .527 from 3PT ( 19/36 ) first 6 games from the All-Star break -- likely because he was rested.

However, last 5 games he's shooting .285 ( 6/21 ) -- likely because he's fatigued.

He shot great earlier this season then dropped off -- likely because he was more rested earlier.

He's played the most minutes of his career this season and it's taking a toll.

Hope isn't lost going forward though. House is in the house.

napalm06 likes this.
  14. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

he can shoot a lot better.

Tucker, Green, Shump, Gordon, Harden should be doing nothing but shooting 1000 threes a day in the gym.

If you wanna take so many threes, you gotta make so many threes!

I'm joking a little bit, but just ONE make has the ability to really change a game. Its one thing to shoot 35% in aggregate but it would also be nice to make one out of each three shots consistently.

15. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

I think tucker needs to take rest, Houston is full team now.