1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Piston's Promise, could land sweet SG for us

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by FLASH21, Jun 17, 2009.

1. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I haven’t heard they are, and General Manager Gar Forman has not come off his stance that he wants to bring Gordon back. But I also heard that Gordon’s agent allegedly has been saying he has an $11 million promise from the Pistons. This could go with the promise I received to play giving me a chance to win the lottery. I’ve never fully understood the supposed Pistons interest. Not because teams don’t like Gordon. But because the Pistons have Rodney Stuckey, not a true point guard, and Richard Hamilton. Though the rumors supposedly are the Pistons would trade Hamilton. Though why trade a 6-7 shooting guard to accommodate one maybe a half foot shorter? Though I never say never in the NBA, as Phil Jackson taught me. And Michael.

http://blogs.bulls.com/chicago_bull...ook-at-guards-who-may-be-in-their-future.html

Could this mean that we could pickup Rip through a trade? Even though he has a long contract and is getting up there, would you still do it?

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He fits Adelman's role of a SG on this offense, but I am not sure how the Rockets could land him....or if the Pistons would really be interested in what we have to offer....

DD

3. Rocket86

Rocket86 Member

How about Hamilton and fillers plus draft pick for Tmac and Dorsey. :D

4. Evil Empire

Evil Empire Member

T-Mac for Rip, lets do this

5. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

maybe the pistons are who we're trying to get a high draft pick for.

ending contract + high draft pick = rip?

6. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

well that ending contract better not be mcgradys

mcgrady + a top 10 pick is not even close to good value for rip unless you have another player like prince and amir johnson coming back

7. Rocket86

Rocket86 Member

Such a trade would require the Pistons to give up more. Base on salaries and Morey's genius, a trade for Tmac with the Pistons would be Rip and fillers that would be a contributor for the team. ( Maxiell or Prince ) Am not over valuing Tmac but his salary dictates it.

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'd take Rip in a heart beat for T-mac. A pick would sweeten the deal for me too. 2nd rounder, I don't care but a true shooter that can come off screens and in RA's system he would be dangerous.

9. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Why did this get moved from the garm??? :confused:

I don't care about them getting Gordon, I just want to know if Rip would be worth trying to deal for...

That blows.

10. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

tmac doesn't have any value as a player anymore. all he is, is an ending contract. an ending and a lotto pick for rip is fair.

then again, i don't think tmac can go to the pistons because they would have to give back too much in order to match salaries. i think tmac needs to go to another team first in a 3-way deal.

11. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

i'll throw up if the return on mcgrady is richard hamilton. not that i don't like him as a player, but we need to be targeting either slashing, playmaking, or youth in any package. he brings none of those.

12. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

If Joe D signs Gordan and Hedo, for instance, then Prince and Rip are superfluous.

If Joe D signs Gordan and Hedo, for instance, then he is capped out for '10.

If Joe D trades the super superfluous for McG then he is able to land a big, or at least good sized fish, in '10.

That's where a deal could be IMHO. That's where a deal could be very positive for Rox.

BTW - this would either make Artest or Shane superfluous. If Rox resign Ron - Ron then Shane could bring back some gold himself.

13. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

or even GordOn...oops.

14. DcProWLer277

DcProWLer277 Rookie

Should have gotten Billups and Hamilton if/when we the chance....

Billups
    Hamilton
    Artest
    Scola
    Yao

Brooks
    Wafer
    Battier
    Landry
    Mutombo

Now I just hope Morey can pull off some type of miraculous trade.

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

get over it dude...it was a rumor anyways.

16. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

But, a C-Bill less redux could happen.

17. Saado

Saado Member

Does anyone else feel like Rip's contract is way too long and he's already on the decline? He's signed through 2013 at a rate of about 11 mil per.