1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pistons get DC for Williamson

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by rikesh316, Aug 4, 2004.

1. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

2. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

What the hell is Larry Brown's obssession with this guy? He messed up the Sixers and was a bad influence on AI so Croche trades him, then the Sixers are doing good and Brown messes it up by getting him back. Now the Pistons are coming off a championship and Brown gives this dude another chance :confused: .

3. codell

codell Contributing Member

Aren't Corliss and Kenny Thomas like the exact same type of player?

4. Just B

Just B Member

Detroit must really be gearing up to make another run at beating the West. They're loading up their frontcourt like crazy this offeason with McDyess, Coleman, and a resigned Wallace. But still, Coleman?:confused:

5. Hobbs

Hobbs Member

Corliss flamed out in the playoffs for the second straight season. He's not built for them as teams can adjust (prepare) better and shut him down. And if Dumars has done anything, he's dumped guys that do not perform in the playoffs. Plus Detroit signed Carlos Delfino (first rounder from Argentina) and Ronald Dupree to backup SF this year.

Coleman is horrible, but he behaved somewhat for Brown and his contract is shorter than Corliss's.

I hate Coleman with a passion, but it makes fiscal sense.

6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

FYI, Coleman's contract is one year shorter than Williamson.

It really is interesting to look at the Detroit Bigs: B. Wallace, R. Wallace, McDyess, Coleman, Campbell, Darko. They clearly have a lot of beef up front to bang with anyone in the league.

I see why Detroit would do this. But I am not sure about Philly. They have Thomas, Dalembert, Jackson and Skinner. What does it serve for them to add Williamson unless they were just subtracting Coleman from the team.

7. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Exactly! Now all they gotta do is do the same with the Big Dog, just don't send him to Houston, or Orlando since I'd like to seem them do well too.

8. Just B

Just B Member

I'll never forget last season when me and my cousin were at the Sixers/Cavs game and Coleman scored for Cleveland by accident (he was trying to fight for a rebound and flat out scored for us)...the crowd was on him for a long time about that one. :)

9. PhiSlammaJamma

Like we can talk. I didn't ask to be connected at the hip with the Knicks either.

10. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Good deal...for 6ers. Now, if they can deal Big Dog...

11. New Jack

New Jack Member

Probably a cap move by the Pistons. Coleman’s contract can be bought out after next season.

12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

AI doesn't need anyone to be a bad influence on him. Coleman is still a pretty good player. He would have been a nice fit in Houston. Maybe he is a little too old, but if you believed he could play ten to fifteen a game, he would have been a great back up. The guy still rebounds, he takes good shots, and he can pass.

13. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

I hope you're joking.

He's also never in shape, uncoachable, hasn't played defense in years, has never played as hard as he could, is a lockerroom cancer, and has never taken advantage of his tremendous talent.

And for some bizarre reason, he's probably Larry Brown's favorite player of all time. For his part, DC probably respected Brown more than any other coach he's ever had. But considering the he's always been an underachiever with a bad attitude, considering he's now an underachiever with a bad attitude and bad knees, I'm glad the Rockets never considered him for backup C.

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Williamsom nuetralized Luke Walton in the finals

Rocket river

15. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Thats a Monsterious Frontcourt for the Pistons!!...

16. RedHonda76

RedHonda76 Member

Dumars is building this team like what he had during his great years in Detroit. Remember Bill Laimbeer, James Edward, John Sally, Rick Mahorn, and Dennis Rodman. :)

17. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I doubt Coleman plays for Detroit. It looks like a cap-management move. I don't know why people question the '6ers motivation here. Williamson isn't great, but he's worth having at least. And, they get him for free. Why not add a roleplayer for free, provided you can accomodate his salary?

18. Kayman

Kayman Contributing Member

I am trying to get my merories in order: Didn't DC beat out Mrs. Robinson for Rookie of the Year? I remember both were #1 draft picks, however, the young lady decided to go to military school so they were both rookies in 1990, is that correct?

19. Der Rabbi

Der Rabbi Member

Better yet ... will Detroit ever give Darko a few minutes?