1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pippen placed on IR

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Dr of Dunk, Jan 25, 2001.

1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Muhahahahaha... Pipsqueak has been placed on the IR according to Portland radio. Apparently his elbow problems are a bit worse than expected. He apparently has a bone chip in his elbow that has been the cause of his problems.

No verifiable link as of yet, but I'll go ahead and assume this is true because it makes me happy.

------------------
    "No Brain Grant, no trade." -- Typos are a b**** as ZRB is holding Rocket trades hostage while he seeks a brain. Conspiracy theorists say this would explain why Hakeem has yet to be traded...

2. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

3. Steve_Francis_rules

Hopefully this will cause him to retire after this year. I don't want to see him stick around any longer.

------------------

4. Turbo

Turbo Contributing Member

Pippen will probably blame Eric Barkley for making him go on the injured list.

-Turbo

5. Steve_Francis_rules

That's very likely considering his "big fat butt" is the only barkley left in the league.

------------------

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Did Barkley finally shoot him?

7. Steve_Francis_rules

Hopefully Barkley won't shoot him, that would give Pippen an excuse for playing like crap.

------------------

8. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

Vescey called me up to tell me that Portland's putting #33 on the IR so he won't hurt himself jawing at the refs, and that they intend to trade him for more body mass to throw at Shaq. I meticulously checked old Petey's scoop, and this is what I found:

portland trades: Scottie Pippen $13,750,000 to vancouver
    TOTAL: $13,750,000

vancouver trades: Bryant Reeves $10,110,000 to portland
    vancouver trades: Brent Price $2,880,000 to portland
    TOTAL: $12,990,000

TRADE ACCEPTED

[​IMG]

------------------

9. FrancisFan

FrancisFan Contributing Member

10. Steve_Francis_rules

You know, that actually wouldn't be that bad of a trade for portland.

------------------

11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Aaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahaha... it gets better as he is now out indefinitely after surgery :

PORTLAND, Ore., Jan. 30 (AP) -- Trail Blazers forward Scottie Pippen will be sidelined indefinitely after surgery to remove a bone fragment in his right elbow.

Pippen underwent the operation Monday night in Birmingham, Ala., at the clinic of Dr. James Andrews, a noted arthroscopic surgeon.

The team said the operation was successful but refused to give details. Coach Mike Dunleavy deferred to team trainer Jay Jensen, who refused to speak to reporters.

Pippen has missed 10 of the last 11 games with tendinitis in the elbow of his shooting arm. He was placed on the injured list last Thursday.

Dunleavy said it's not known how long the seven-time All-Star will be out.

"I think they evaluate after a week's time. But any kind of scope, you're going to be out 2-6 weeks, I would think," Dunleavy said at the team shootaround before Tuesday night's game against Chicago.

Pippen told WVTM-TV in Birmingham that he expected to be out only a few weeks.

Stacey Augmon has started at small forward in Pippen's place. Detlef Schrempf retired on the first day of training camp in early October, but has remained on the roster.

Pippen, 35, is in his second season with the Blazers after winning six championships with the Chicago Bulls, followed by an unhappy season in Houston. He was traded to the Blazers in October 1999 in a seven-player deal.

Pippen, in his 13th season, is averaging 10.5 points and 5.1 rebounds, his lowest numbers since his rookie year. He has been bothered by minor injuries but played very well during a 12-game stretch beginning in mid-December.

He averaged 15.3 points and 6.3 rebounds during that span, and made 53 percent of his shots. He had a season-high 24 points and nine assists in a victory over Indiana on Jan. 3. But after scoring 22 in a win at Boston five nights later, his right arm stiffened up.

He missed the next six games and, after a two-point performance in a loss to the Sacramento Kings on Jan. 20, the injury became too painful to play again. He had the elbow examined by several doctors on the road before going to Andrews.

Portland has won eight of the 10 games Pippen has missed, and the Blazers are preparing to be without him for an extended period.

"This is a good challenge for us as a team," point guard Damon Stoudamire said. "Obviously, we're going to miss him. But we've been here before. Now we've just got to try to step it up -- everybody, as a unit -- to try to give us what he was giving us."

------------------
    "No Brain Grant, no trade." -- Typos are a b**** as ZRB is holding Rocket trades hostage while he seeks a brain. Conspiracy theorists say this would explain why Hakeem has yet to be traded...

12. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

That shouldn't be too hard. [​IMG]

------------------

13. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

You must be confusing me with someone who gives a $hit.

[​IMG]

------------------
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."