1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pippen article on twitter

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Le$$, May 2, 2020.

1. Le$$

Le$$ Member

As I was follower when that team had Matt Maloney Barkley, and dream. What I remember was pippen calling names out, as he was the new leader, but he didnt really lead anything and was coming down from his peak. Calling Barkley lazy, dream was there but at this course of time period rockets were just to old. 3 old legends won't get you past Lakers with young Kobe and Shaq. So they rebuilt it, with Cato, Walt Williams trade. But like I said pippen was blaming everyone but his self, and really ya he could of had better players around him, but rockets didn't have cap space if I recall, why Barkley was here for cheap.

2. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

What's truly amazing about that off-season was the Rockets acquired Steve Francis, the #2 pick of the Draft, and it didn't cost them Hakeem, Barkley or Pippen.

For over a month, they technically had all four players plus Cuttino Mobley.

3. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

44 games for Dream and only 20 games for Barkley... Dream dropped from 18.9 PPG in 1999 to 10.3 PPG.... Charles just got hurt. One year makes a huge difference...

saleem likes this.
  4. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

I think if not for chemistry issues (and injuries), those old legends still had enough left in the tank to be competitive in Houston back then, especially once they added Franchise...

saleem likes this.
  5. Le$$

Le$$ Member

D-rock likes this.
  6. Le$$

Le$$ Member

btw that now reminds me how the jailblazers had such a solid team back then, that Lakers vs Blazers series was sick.

7. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Obviously they needed a point guard haha , I still wonder how Baloney got all those minutes?

8. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Leaders don't do this.

[​IMG]

D-rock, Easy and tinman like this.
  9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

100% rooted for Robert Horry to stick some threes in his face

10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member