1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Pic] Proof that Bruce Lee was Black....

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by VanityHalfBlack, Jun 6, 2012.

Tags:
  1. VanityHalfBlack

This is a picture of Bruce Lee back in the 60s I think being recruited to Black Panther party.. Bruce wearing a Dashiki, LOL...

[​IMG]

2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Kind of a reach, but at least it wasn't a huge penis reference.

1 person likes this.
  3. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Because he succumbed to the black man's kryptonite?

1 person likes this.
  4. raj87

raj87 Member

More evidence:

On my desk, I have a framed telegram (authentic American Telephone and Telegraph) from Bruce Lee.

It reads:

"smh"

5. conquistador#11

"sorry i had to fight in the middle of your black panther party."

2 people like this.
  6. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

hey now

[​IMG]

7. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Well, he did marry a white girl. You know how the brothers love white women....

8. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

bruce lee...the only man to die from mar1juana. i know...officially a cerebral edema. right. ;)

also, a steroid user and he cheated on linda having an affair up til his death.

9. Kate81

Kate81 Member

Damn, look at those knuckles.

10. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

its not a tuma.

11. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

daz ma niccuh.

12. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Don't know about the steroid stuff. The only steroids available back then was the stuff they gave horses. I think he would be a lot bigger than 140 pounds.

13. da_juice

da_juice Member

Bruce was also less about being a 300 lbs Hulk and smashing guys with his brute strength and more of a finesse and flexible kind of strength.

14. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

In those days about the only people who used steroids were bodybuilders and pro-wrestler, even then it was only a minority in the 60s and early 70s.

15. Surfguy

I didn't make it up. A guy (Tom Bleecker) who was friends with Bruce/Linda back before Bruce became famous (1963-ish) and then later went on to marry Linda years after Bruce died while also helping Linda write her first book on Bruce the "Dragon" movie (which also is a lot of fiction) was created from makes the claims. He wrote the book, titled "Unsettled Matters", after he divorced Linda claiming the first book she wrote was vanilla leaving out details. His book, which I have not read, claims to be mostly research based and an unbiased view into Bruce including how he had used steroids, had a well-documented affair, ingested mar1juana, and investigations into his death. He said he wrote it because he never liked how Linda took liberties to avoid so many details.

Anyway, I doubt they could prove it at this point...but he sure makes the claims that Bruce wasn't al natural in training and experimented with stuff like steroids and other stuff. Now, some claim he was just trying to sell a book but supposedly he did a lot of research putting it together and he was always friends with Bruce so didn't write it out of malice or anything like that. He did a lot of interviews as well making those claims. Not exactly sure what was covered in the book (mostly his death I think) but he said a lot of this in interviews. Noone knew squat about effects of steroids back then...so it's not unimaginable that he could have tried it at some point to help his training...assuming he could get it...but it's not like there is a drug test to prove it or anything.

#15 Surfguy, Jun 6, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2012
  16. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Suddenly, wrote a book of his own after a divorce.

[​IMG]

I'm only saying it's dubious timing and probably tried to cash in on his own story merits/beliefs.

Just because you were friends with someone doesn't mean that they will cash in on the opportunity to drag your name through the mud for money.

17. Surfguy

That's easy to say but I believe the book is mostly based on court documented papers/facts coming out of the Hong Kong investigation regarding how he died. I'm not sure how much he touches on the other stuff. There are interviews where he touches on the other subjects. So, who knows the real truth? He's probably still available for an interview if you care to give him a call. lol

18. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

It's still only one side of the story. It's easy to write a book about a dead person without necessarily facing liable.

19. Surfguy

i agree with you. his claims are unsubstantiated and likely bogus. i'm just explaining where i heard it from. linda probably could have sued him if she could prove he was lying but she probably felt it wasn't worth her time. but, there is no doubt that linda left out some details because she felt the need to protect bruce's legacy...which i'm not saying there is anything wrong with that. but, the bruce portrayed in "Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story" is trying to make bruce into something else entirely and the way they took liberties just in timelines, etc. in that film to make bruce look greater than he was...makes for a good story but differs from the real bruce and actual events.

20. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Of course, the biographical movie took liberties, most film biographies do alter stories a bit. I'm not saying Bruce Lee was a saint, because honestly you could never know unless you were constantly around him. Most of all, what symptoms would he show as steroid user that's in his medical records?