1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

PHX pursuing Trevor Ariza (UPDATE: Ariza signs one-year, $15M deal with Phoenix)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jun 30, 2018.

1. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Ariza leaves after an 0-for-12 game. That's not a good look. ;)

If I were him, then I would take the money, too! I wouldn't stay holding on to some pipe dream about a Rockets championship (if he be healthy else nope). Pipe dreams don't pay the bills.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Perry Jones is absolute garbage. He hasn’t played in the league for 3 years.

justtxyank likes this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Ennis is the most intriguing. Another long run and dunk monster but with much better D and passing than Green.

7 foot wingspan as well.

4. Caesar

Caesar Member

Phoenix will buy him out and he'll come back to H-Town lol

5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

A terrific deal for the Raptors.

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Injuries and off field tragedy has derailed career up until now.

PJ3 would thrive in MDA system.

6'11 freakish athlete with ball handling and high BBIQ. Also a demon on D when healthy. He has had success defending both KD and Lebron. Durant even said he was the best athlete in entire NBA.

https://www-foxsports-com.cdn.amppr...ii-would-bring-nets-a-unique-skill-set-010217

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...nes-iii-is-the-best-athlete-in-the-entire-nba

7. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

A lot of you are just permanently salty.

He gave us 4 years of great service on a value contract in his prime. While guys like Jodie Meeks got more money than him.

No one at all should be blaming him for taking $15 million.

We will definitely miss his defense. He was asked to do it all. And he did. Some of you need to gain some maturity. You can be thankful for the time someone spent here yet understand why they leave.

I hope he comes back as someone who plays for us off the bench after his one year deal is up. I think he genuinely likes being here.

8. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

I think your bought out point is correct but I could see that returning here as well. I think this was simply about the money. He could come back here next year as well on the MLE. I thought the same 4yr was on the table but maybe it wasn't and maybe he isn't either. He has played since high school. He stays in immaculate shape and busts his ass. He just got married. Maybe he wants to get paid over the next couple of years and live his life.

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

There goes Glenn

pippendagimp likes this.
  10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

11. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Get the **** out of here.

sammy likes this.
  12. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sp...sked-with-filling-Trevor-Ariza-s-13041708.php

If nothing else, Trevor Ariza finally received the appreciation he had long deserved. That does not mean, however, his departure ended the Rockets' 2018-19 championship contention before the sun rose on the first day of free agency.

It was fitting that Ariza's move to the Phoenix Suns inspired such overreaction. He returned to Houston four years earlier the same way, but then the defection that was labeled insurmountable was the departure of Chandler Parsons to Dallas.

joshuaao, Fullcourt and Crashlanded19 like this.
  13. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I like Ariza - consummate professional here in Houston, played hard every moment he was here. I'm happy he is getting paid and even happier it isn't us paying him that much. His defense has slipped a bit and his shooting was obviously streaky - you can pick up his caliber of 3 and D guys on the market for less than 15 mil/year. He used to be a high level 3 and D guy several seasons back but I think he has slipped into just average and I would expect him to continue to slide a little this year.

Anyone else notice Ariza's birthday was yesterday...so I guess he celebrated with that 15mil contract.

...also, let's not overreact about Houston's offseason just because we lost Ariza. Complaining about Morey's moves less than a day into free agency is like complaining that our team is going to lose a game because we are down by 5 points midway through the first quarter. There is still plenty of time to improve this team.

kjayp likes this.
  14. solid

solid Contributing Member

Hate to see him go. I think he has slipped a bit, but he was solid for years. I wish him well. Nice guy.

D-rock and kjayp like this.
  15. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Good for Trevor! James got his ubermaxwhatever contract... CP3 got his insane 4/160... why shouldn't Trev get what he can... i wouldnt want us to pay him 15M - so good for him...
    Sorry to see him go - but at least we aren't saddled with him on a crappy contract going forward and we dont have to watch him become the next Corey Brewer/Ryan Anderson whipping boy on here as he continues to get older... lol

D-rock likes this.
  16. Le$$

Le$$ Member

rockets wont pay him that much. Houston does lose alot, but tucker is a defensive monster too, not as good as ariza but very good, so he was already being replaced. Probably writing on the wall for ariza.

17. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

Good for him. Good for us —- need a better shooter

18. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

People like Ariza get over valued on good teams like ours. He’s good but replaceable. Had games where he stepped up for us but also won big games where he was garbage

Will miss having him in our locker room, but......On to the next one

Fullcourt likes this.
  19. Reeko

Reeko Member

the loss of Ariza is a big deal to me...he defended KD as well as one could hope, and now we’re down a wing defender

the Rockets need to bring back Luc to be the starting SF and maybe someone like James Ennis as an extra wing defender off the bench

20. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

If I worked my ass off like he did and gave everything he had for what he was being paid and Anderson sat on the bench for 20 mill or whatever it is I would be pissed. There is no way I would have stayed as professional as him. Im glad he got his money. Now take care of your family.

D-rock likes this.