1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Phoenix Medical Staff. Question.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by el_locoteee, Mar 2, 2009.

1. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

Are this guy available to hire like, coaches or trainers?

Or they can only practice on their state.

Is there any chance of having some of them in our staff. This guys do an amazing job.

Last game of Phoenix vs the Lakers, they comment that Nash can play already but they want to wait until he is complete heal because at his age he will probably compensate the injury with his hips and giving Nash back problems it can have future problems with his back.

It seen this guys see injuries no only on the part of the body that is injure but the repercussion on the entire body and futures injures.

2. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Haha, they can come here, but why would you want them?

If you really believe that they are better because of their medical staff I've got a rock that I can sell you, it protects you against tiger attacks, since I bought it I haven't been mauled by a tiger since..

3. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

LOL. Sounds like that rock needs to go on eBay with a marketing scheme like that.

4. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

Grant Hill, Shaq, etc.

Is not new they got a great reputation on the NBA.

5. 2deep

2deep Contributing Member

Nash...Grant Hill...Shaq...not a coincidence. These were guys whose careers were "revived" in a sense down in Phoenix. I've read up on the revolutionary techniques they use and it's pretty good stuff. I'd definitely trade our guys for them.

6. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

We did the same thing with Landry, he was ready to play a few days ago. And when Tmac had a good game bc of their doctors, I am sure he was given something for his pain. So he had a good game but nothing was solved. I think people put too much into our doctors, we have a player with scoliosis and a 7'6 315 pound center. That is a hard job for any medical staff especially when one player has no heart.

7. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

Nash was always healthy, their offense revived his career. Shaq has been relatively healthy as well but again he is now on a high scoring team. More possesions equals more points.

8. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

No Shaq was injury all the time, and Nash was denied of a good contract on Dallas because they thought he was close to be done with his back problem.

9. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

Nash was not as productive so they wanted to move, nothing to do injuries in reality. Shaq been pretty healthy the past couple season, even before his trade to the Suns.

10. kanariya

kanariya Member

If they were able to heal Penny Hardaway I would say yea.

11. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

but they did heal Amare who was in similar situation

12. joesr

joesr Member

how many times have you been attacked before having that rock?

13. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I'm not saying their techniques aren't great, or people don't think highly of them, but I'm saying I'm not sure if they are better. If anything is new and working people assert that it's better than the current trend. I think the false correlation drawn is that because people view Shaq and GHill as at the end of their respective careers, which is a joke, they are fighters and contenders and it was only a matter of time before they came back on the scene. As for Amare, he isn't the first to come back and dominate from Microfracture Surgery, as Kenny Smith said it isn't the career ender it once was. I'm not saying their staff isn't good, I'm just not convinced that they are who people make them seem.

14. BaMcMing

BaMcMing Contributing Member

Penny's first of (2) surgeries took place in 97, when he was 26. Don't know how similar his situation is to Amare's...

With Amare being so much younger and the surgery being so new and untried back then......

15. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Nah already HAS back problems. That's why they worry, not because they are some magical team of medicine. Yao was injured, now he's healthy, hey why isn't the houston staff magical!? I'm sure the phoenix guys are good at their job, but please quit trying to get those guys here, they benefitted from having two injured guys coming to play for them and becoming healthy. Shaq would have healed regardless of where he went. With Hill they did try a new approach, but i think that had more to do with breakthroughs in medicine or new modern approaches rather than Phoenix knowing something no other team did. they messed up with amare by letting him comeback too early and they had to rehab him again, but no one ever mentions that, they just say oh, look at amare, he's back to his old self after surgery and it's all thanks to the med staff. No, it's mostly thanks to Amare's genes, health, age, and work ethic. The best rehab in the world means nothing if the person rehabbing doesn't want to succeed or has the drive. Phoenix happens to have guys like this. And no, that' wasn't a jab at tmac.

16. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

they didn't HEAL him. They operated on him. They sent him to rehab. He rehabbed. He came back too early, he got sent back to rehab, he rehabbed, then finally came back. No magic, no genie, just hard work by Amare and regular 'ol sports medicine by the staff. Jkidd came back from the same surgery, and the guy looks good as well, it's not just Phoenix who has the know how to rehab or "heal" guys.

17. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

it wasn't his back specifically, it was more about his age not being aligned with the rest of the core, he was older than them and Cuban didn't want to give a player his age an extended contract. It was mostly a business decision.

18. eyhab27

eyhab27 Contributing Member

shaq is still injured all the time. he is infamous for making a second half surge, much like the one he is on currently.

19. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

The Phoenix medical staff must be horrible. They said McGrady's knee was fine. :D

20. 2deep

2deep Contributing Member

Shaq is on track to play 74 games this season. Tied for his highest total since his 99-00 MVP season. He was falling apart in Miami playing 72%, 49%, and 69% of the teams games in his last three seasons there as opposed to 90% of his teams games since he first hit the court for the Suns...big jump for a big guy (ok HUGE guy) at the age of 36-37.

Doubt it's really a coincidence, but who knows....I know I'd like to take my chances with them looking over Yao and TMac.