1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Philly trades Nick Foles for Sam Bradford

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Air Langhi, Mar 10, 2015.

1. PhiSlammaJamma

I don't see how Whisenhutt can risk another 2-14 season on Mettenberger. He has to buy himself another 3 years with Mariota. They have zero talent on offense right now except for maybe Jackie Battle who has shown heart.

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Explain how this helps them "trade up". Why would they give up one asset for a lesser asset to trade up? Makes no sense at all. Why trade Foles for Bradford when you have no intentions of making Bradford the starter.?

Chip is a very smart guy, but this trade is crazy.

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Heard Jayson Braddoch on In the Trenches this morning say that the offense Bradford ran at OU is 90% similar to what Chip Kelly is running now. Even if that is the case, Bradford has been through 2-3 new systems since then and torn his ACL twice.

4. what

what Member

this guy -- retired. smdh

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I agree with it being very similar. The passing looks the same to me minus the reads. That's why it made sense to me. Not throwing in the 2nd, but Kelly wanting Bradford.

6. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

It doesn't help them trade up but it doesn't stop them from being able to do so either.

Do they not still have their 1st round pick for next year as well as picks in other rounds apart from the 2nd?

Positioning themselves by jettisoning a QB that actually can stay relatively healthy and get on the field for a QB that has shown himself to be injury prone(unfortunately).
    With regard to the last paragraph, I can't answer that...only the master GM/coach that is Chip Kelly can answer that.

Main thing is they are still in play to move up for Mariota. Only thing hindering that right now is Jake Locker deciding to call it quits. Unless the Titans are all in on Mettenberger.

7. speed star

speed star Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Eagles HC Chip Kelly said his team was offered a first-round pick this morning for his QB Sam Bradford.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/575711601334054912">March 11, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. ferrari77

Philly reactions

[​IMG]

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/20...-94wip-dislike-foles-trade-out-on-chip-kelly/

9. ferrari77

Dun dun dun!

So apparently there is another team out there that has a front office and/or coaching staff who are crazier than Chip Kelly.

10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

When Chip Kelly told ownership he was going to bring in OR guys, I think they thought he meant something else.

11. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

So let me get this straight.....Chip Kelly runs an offense that puts a lot of pressure on the quarterback to make quick decisions, and take big hits. So, his answer to this is to trade for a slow-footed quarterback who has struggled to stay healthy throughout his entire career? Right......

12. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Sure they did Chip. Eagle fans are going ape **** over this so think this is damage control (if it's even possible).

Only rational reasoning I can think of is some type of draft day agreement in which the Rams and Eagles will switch picks if Mariota is available. Pure conjecture on my part but can't think of any reason why the Eagles trade for a possible $13M rental whose torn the same ACL twice in the past year or so.

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

14. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Asian Sensation

Eagles fans don't know Chip very well. They're going to be singing his praises sooner than later.

Reminds me of when the Rockets didn't resign Lee, traded Lowry, amnestied Scola and let Dragic walk. The moves were made to get out of mediocrity and have the chance to become contenders. At the time a lot of the board panicked but a few savvy bunch saw the big picture and realized the flexibility we had created.

Chip has won 10 games in each of his 2 seasons in the NFL. If he thought the roster he had in tact was good enough to go further he would've kept it in tact. The man clearly is not just about keeping up with the status quo. He's trying to exceed that and build something special. Stupid Philly fans can't understand the mind of a genius.

16. Asian Sensation

That's pretty funny :grin: jokes aside though..... If no other moves were made and the season kicked off tomorrow... I'd rather have Bradford, Mathews, Alonzo and Maxwell over Foles and McCoy. The man's already ahead and he still has plenty of Chips left.

17. ferrari77

Nowhere did I state I had certain intel that this is part of Chips masterplan to move up and get Mariota.

I wrote that they went ahead with the move to further position themselves to move up and get Mariota. Perhaps I should have used a question mark after my intial statement. Meh.

And nope, I wouldn't believe a word that comes out of his mouth w/regard to the 1st round of the draft until after midnight April 31st. (Or whatever time the 1st round ends).
    Not sure why I'd believe anything Chip Kelly states in the press, not like NFL coaches have ever been known to keep their cards close to their chest.

18. ferrari77

Cold blooded!!!!!!

Yet funny :grin: