1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Phil Jackson would take Bill Russell first to build a team

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by VBG, May 23, 2013.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Magic at PG
    MJ at SG
    LBJ at SF
    Duncan at PF
    Hakeem at C

2. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Not the topic of this thread?

3. youngduck

youngduck Member

that celtic team had no competition whatsoever, its a different type of basketball now.

4. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

Yet Wilt manage to win 2 championships on inferior teams. One of those went through Bill. I don't remember Jordan winning without Pippen. Anybody know who Hal Greer is, of course not.

I do have to admit that the quote above is a great example of persuasive writing. I almost bought 10,000 shares of Bill Russell after reading it.

5. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

Maybe if there are an infinite amount of universes and we can observe them all after we die, we can but these arguments to rest or make better observations. I want to see Hakeem dream shaking Russell. I want to see Russell getting backed under the basket by Shaq. I want to see Wilt vs Shaq. Just something to look forward to.

Timmy and Hakeem as the twin towers.

6. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Center- Shaq (during the Laker runs- (Too much of everything, the past players simply did not have access to the GNC stuff)

Power forward- Kevin Garnett (A match up Nightmare can space the floor, protect the paint, and run like a cheetah, of course during the Timberwolf days)

Small Forward- Lebron James (In his prime as we speak) no way Bird can guard this guy.

Shooting Guard- Jordan (Can play better with the Front Court than Kobe)

Point Guard - Chris Paul (Best man for the job, has better defense than Nash, almost went Westbrook here, but I like Paul's outside shooting better.)

1st off the bench Tim Duncun

Head Coach Phil Jackson

I believe the best basketball players are in our generation, due to all the advantages they have in the open market, GNC, Testosterone helpers, and overall healthy eating,

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Of course Phil Jackson is into ring counting.

8. thedude077

thedude077 Member

The NBA back then was so different from today, even the 90's was more competitive. I mean come on, one talented black guy VS white midgets? That's not competition. I will never take Bill Russel as my franchise. Jabbar and Hakeem all the way.

9. VBG

VBG Member

That is actually completely false. The Celtics were considered old and were nowhere close to being the unanimous favorites for the latter part of hte championship runs.

It's just because they won every time that now people look back and ignore the fact that other teams were favored.

10. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Biggie said it was all a dream and he was refer to Hakeem

11. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

Well of course Phil would say that greatness is defined by rings, regardless of context. It's in the best interest of his own legacy to claim that.

12. Pete the Cheat

I am sure Jackson singling out Russell has nothing to do with them sharing a certain distinction. Jackson has surely never been known to massage his own ego in such a manner...