1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Phil Jackson thinks Chris Paul got away with violations on buzzer beater

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by GreatOne1978, Apr 23, 2013.

1. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

Posted this

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Whatever…my answer to the refs was: just call the violations on the superstars, make them play the game the right way-they make adjustments.</p>&mdash; Phil Jackson (@PhilJackson11) <a href="https://twitter.com/PhilJackson11/status/326584835315474433">April 23, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

and retweeted this

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>How many push-offs did @<a href="https://twitter.com/cp3">cp3</a> have on that game winner - 3 or 4? Note to @<a href="https://twitter.com/nba">nba</a> refs using your off arm creates separation &amp; is advantageous.</p>&mdash; Clarence Gaines (@ClarenceGaines2) <a href="https://twitter.com/ClarenceGaines2/status/326573745483427840">April 23, 2013</a></blockquote>

2. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>@<a href="https://twitter.com/clarencegaines2">clarencegaines2</a> yeah, not only are offensive players able to push off they can use off arm to shield off defense-Heisman offensive move.</p>&mdash; Phil Jackson (@PhilJackson11) <a href="https://twitter.com/PhilJackson11/status/326583725825617921">April 23, 2013</a></blockquote>

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Really? How does Phil think this last shot should have been called?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vdPQ3QxDZ1s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. what

what Member

But the grizzlies aren't marquee enough to get those calls. Blake held darrell, then pushed off, chris paul pushed off, SCORE!!!!! Clippers win.

Whatever, everybody knows the grizzlies are getting hosed this series, glad that a BIG NAME like phil jackson is big enough to actually call the refs out on it.

5. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>As per MJ’s shot in game 6. That wasn’t a push off. It was a helping hand to a broke down comrade. :)</p>&mdash; Phil Jackson (@PhilJackson11) <a href="https://twitter.com/PhilJackson11/status/326585873472839680">April 23, 2013</a></blockquote>

6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Cute. Phil likes to use smileys in his rehtoric. He's full of crap, but I would love to have that pot smoking , coat-tail riding, owner's daughter banging hippie as the coach of this team.

7. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Sure. Just like last playoffs, right? It's not like the Grizzlies push and grab every single possession. I mean, "Grit and Grind" just screams no fouls. I suppose Tony Allen played straight up no foul defense on CP3 on that last possession?

Typical Memphis fan. Cry about the refs all the way to your second playoff exit courtesy of the Clips. Get used it to it.

8. y2Joem

y2Joem Member

bitter much?

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i'm not sure about the push-offs b/c the defender was bodying up close.....however the hold by griffin on arthur was definitely a foul.....you can see arthur struggling to break free from griffin's grip trying to rotate to paul

10. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Damn bro who pissed in your cereal? :confused:

11. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Allen had him bodied up with his forearm on him pretty much the whole time...you're not suppose to be able to touch the guy if he's faced up. I'd think the offensive man has the right to create some space if the defender is able to break the rules himself by pushing the ball handler while he's trying to make his move. It was a hell of a shot by Paul...I'm not sure how many people have the strength to get away from Tony Allen and have the dexterity to make a shot like that afterwards. Incredible.

12. VBG

VBG Member

If CP3 was on the other end of that, he would have flopped 3 times to the floor to get a call.

13. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

It wasnt just that last play. He had been pushing off on offense and using his hands to foul the other player on defense the entire game.

Chris Paul grabs Zbo's arm while going backwards and they call the foul on Zbo which sends him to the bench?? Really? The ref should have been fined for that call.

The thing is though, Chris Paul has been doing it his whole career. He throws a lot of cheap shots, hacks, flops, and gets away with it.

I have always called him a cheater and have never respected him, and it doesn't look like it is going to change anytime soon.

Chris Paul was born to play for the Utah Jazz.

1 person likes this.
  14. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

MEM should have doubleteamed Chris Paul and force another player to try to win it.

15. DreamRoxCoogFan

most players use their arms on offense to create room on approximately every play. The push off is not allowed, but the arm most certainly is.

16. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

... I don't see it

17. VBG

VBG Member

CP3 is the best player in the NBA at manipulating refs. Maybe of all time. He is insanely good on both sides of the floor.

And on top of that, he is also the best PG in the NBA

18. basketballholic

Slightly off topic:

Can you imagine what would happen if the Clippers decided to bring Phil in, make him part owner, coach, front-office guy?

19. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

glad that a SELF SERVER like phil jackson is big enough to actually call the refs out on it. (There, fixed.)

PJax is an overinflated arse who, I fearlessly and sorrowfully predict, will take over in Brooklyn and swing a Sign'n'Trade for Dwight (for BLo). Shaw will be HC with the first Superman, Clark er Kurt Rambis as #1 ass't.

20. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

WHAT? The officiating was fine. I didn't watch the game, but I saw that last possession and Kenny Smith even said both teams got away with fouling. They always let the players play. You're imagining things. I'm what and the NBA is not rigged. I am the biggest hypocrite in the world. You don't like it when it's against the Grizzlies, but it's never rigged and just fans crying like every team's fans do after they get screwed.

Kenny Smith is a ****ing tool. Tony Allen played legit defense and Chris Paul clearly fouls him. I think he was smart enough to realize the officials were on his side all night and they would not call that push on him. Even if he was wrong his team still had a shot in overtime, but he wasn't.