1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Phil Jackson is the best coach available for Yao/TMac

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fa7999, Nov 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fa7999

fa7999 Member

I don't mind creating a new thread about this topic. JVG is clueless on offense. He can take his tough guys who cannot shoot straight, and I will have PJ coaching my team.

Under PJ, Yao/TMac will average 50 ppg between them, and more importantly, the role players will understand their respective roles on the team.

Our PG position is terrible. We need someone like Fisher who can play decent defense, pass comfortably to the big man in the triangle offense, and hit the wide open jumpers.

I know it's early in the season. However, JVG's offense is never smooth and beautiful to watch. It's almost a crime to waste the great offensive skills of Yao/TMac like this.

And only PJ can make sure that the role players play like role players. Guys, your job is not to dribble the ball upcourt and jack up an ugly jumper. The ball has to go through Yao/TMac more, and the triangle offense should make sure that Yao gets more touches.

I am Very pissed!:mad:

BTW, Bobby Sura is not the savior.

2. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden Contributing Member

I do.

3. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Even though you're going to get bashed for starting a new thread, I agree with you.

JVG's offense isn't going to get us anywhere, period. You're right, PJ's triangle offense makes the ball go through Yao and TMac everytime. JVG just passes the ball around the perimeter for 20 seconds and then looks for someone to jack it up at the end.

4. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

9 games with a 4-5 record = major overhaul of coaching staff:rolleyes:

5. fa7999

fa7999 Member

With JVG at the reign, any team, no matter how bad it is, is always going to be in the game against the Rockets.

6. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

Isn't there already one JVG bashing thread wasting space on the first page? :rolleyes:

7. room4rentsf

room4rentsf Contributing Member

I dont want to jump on the bandwagon but I wonder if JVG can take the next step to the championship.

In his days with the Knicks he had Ewing/Starks/Spree/Houston (pre injury I might add)/Johnson.. and he couldnt get it done.

Right now we are looking like Spurs Lite or Lakers Lite (pretrade) without the supporting cast.

im starting to have doubts if JVG is the guy that can take us their.. It doesnt have to be PJ since im not really a fan of his (though I believe he would do a better job than Alcohol Fetal Syndrome Baby)

J

8. jediknight94595

jediknight94595 Contributing Member

I agree with you 110%!!!

Do you Houston built the great big Toyota Center for nothing!?!? So they can only fill it only to half capacity?!?! So people can see Rox score only 80pts a game, and play catch-up every night, or barely squeak by with a win only when the opposing team makes mistakes??

I think we should all write emails to Les Alexander and phone the front office to demand they get rid of Van Grumpy and his low scoring zero-domination offense!!

I want to see Rox score 100pts every night, Toyota Center packed every night, Yao and T-Mac making double doubles every night, Yao and T-Mac on Sports Center every night!!! Anyone who think that's gonna happen under Van Grumpy, has been drinking Van Grump's coolaid!!

The Rockets Yao and T-Mac and Toyota Center DESERVE a coach a THOUSAND times better than Van Grumpy!!!!!

:mad:

9. YallMean

YallMean Member

Cool it off, will you. Every team in this league loses to bad teams once a while in a season. I bet Gundy will stay put in the coach's seat till the end of his contract.
    It will be funny that we have Phil.J as our coach and Lakers has Rudy.T as theirs.
    I do agree Sura might not be the answer.

10. beyao

beyao Contributing Member

Is it just me, or does the offense look like it's starting to come around??

Last night was the first time TMac and Yao were both in the 20's, they each took over for stretches, and the passing has was never more crisp. All this while still trying to incorporate a bunch of new guys.

IMHO, our main problem lies in that this team needs more time to gel...we have an offense that is fairly intricate compared to other teams like, say the Magic, that just do the run and gun freelance thing. Our offense looks to get the ball inside as often as possible, which, given the zone rules, requires everyone being on the same page. This team's offense looks to be improving slowly as the season progresses...I think we will be in fine shape by season's end.

And believe me, if we get everything down and do not suffer any major injuries, this is not a team that ANYONE will want to face.

We still have a long way to go, but it may be coming...

11. YallMean

YallMean Member

Great point! I am totally with you. This team is not going to crush teams by 30 points, but is going to be tough to beat by any teams. We did ok agaisnt Kings ,Wolves and even Pistons. I cant wait to see how we do against Dallas, San Anton, Indy, Miami.

12. Ghettostar85

Ghettostar85 Member

how much better are we since the preseason?

still at stage 1 or have we gone to square two now?

13. jediknight94595

jediknight94595 Contributing Member

Yao scored 33 and T-Mac scored 23 (56 out of 104pts) against SAC.

This team is inconsitent due to BAD coaching.

14. YallMean

YallMean Member

How much time and games have past since pre-season. Spurs lost to Seattle badly this season already. Kings and Griz are doing horrible. T-Wolves isnt doing well either. It's not the time to panic and calling for firing your head coach.

15. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

JVG will not be fired for the simple reason that Les will not eat another marquee coaches contract. He already bought out Rudy's contract that was a huge hit financially, now if he has to pay another ten million to get Phil Jackson, he's not gonna do it.

16. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

AMEN!

17. hitman1900

hitman1900 Member

I don't think they're gonna fire JVG any time soon. Would Phil Jackson be willing to coach our team anyways? Yao isn't exactly a dominating force like Shaq was, and McGrady could be another Kobe to him. He'd have some real work to do with this team, especially since our supporting cast is looking like garbage. They don't even know how to pass the ball properly to Yao.

18. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

I don't think PJ would even want to coach here if he was offered the job. This team is not on the verge of winning a championship or even close to it. It's not the right situation for him to come in. Yao/TMac are not even close to becoming like Shaq/Kobe. I'd say it'll probably take at least 2-3 years before we're a team good enough to be coached by PJ.

19. Charvo

Charvo Member

I think the Lakers' hiring Rudy decreased the financial hit to Les. Rudy was only out of the game for 1 season. JVG will be in the same situation. He'll get a coaching position after 1 season off with TNT or something. That'll take some of the financial burden off Les.

20. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Why not just hire Tex, the man who brought the triangle in the first place....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.