1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Phil Jackass Playoff Quotes

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TheFreak, May 19, 2000.

Tags:
  1. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Thought I'd start a thread dedicated to quotes from that arrogant S.O.B. Phil Jackass that I come across from now until I lose interest. When reading these, ask yourself, "Would Rudy T, or any other coach with class say stuff like this?" I think Phil "No Class" Jackass has a nice ring to it.

"No Class" Jackass, on the Blazers:

"I personally think if Scottie doesn't lead this club and take them by the horns, they're not going to get by us....I don't know who else can lead them. I don't see another leader on that basketball club."

------------------
    "We're sitting there, shooting alcohol into our veins...

We could just drink it!"

-Tommy Lee

2. PhiSlammaJamma

I could be wrong, but I think it's psychological war fare. I think Jackson wants Pippen to try and take over the team with the purpose of breaking up their team work. The strength of the Blazers is that they play as a team without one dominant force. Failure to do so may break them mentally. If scottie tries to lead that team he may be a disruptive force. I'm not sure of what Jackson is trying to do by saying all of this, but my best guess is that he trying to break the blazers unity.

------------------
    humble, but hungry.

3. Rocket Freak

Rocket Freak Contributing Member

What about when we kicked their collective asses on Super Bowl Sunday. He gave us absolutely no credit at all for the game we played, he was all: "That was the worst performance by our team all year....."

He went on to say a few other things diminishing our play. I hate losing too, but when someone beats you like a red headed step child, you need to atleast acknowledge the fact that they played a good game. Otherwise, when they get REAL good, they will love to knock your dick in the dirt. It's all about respect. He gives no one any except for his b**** Mike.

------------------
    We have a 50/50 chance of winning our next game, but there is only a 30% chance of that.

4. ChrisP

ChrisP Contributing Member

Keep 'em coming Freak! That guy bugs the hell out of me too with his smug air of superiority.

Every time he grins that freakin' grin of his, I want to crush his little head - crush, crush. (where did that come from?)

ok, calm down...

I think PSJ hit the nail on the head. If he can get #33 that ho to force himself into a leadership role all of a sudden in a pavlovian response to his former leash holder's suggestion, it could disrupt the team chemistry for the Blazers.

------------------
    fan is short for fanatic - logic has little to do with it.

5. MoonBus

MoonBus Contributing Member

I agree with PSJ too, I think Jackass was trying to use his Zzzzz in this psychological warfare. I would love to see the Blazers win the 1st game with Steve Smith going off for 35 points while Pippen gets 8 points and 6 turnovers with 5 blocked (not block) shots in the 1st game . That way, I get too see both Pippen & Jackass look stupid.

6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

It makes me think, what is the Rockets overall record versus Phil Jackson. The man has got to have a pretty good winning percentage, but probably not against us. I remember beating the Bulls a fair amount during their reign and we did pretty good against the Lakers this year too. I also hate that No Class Jackass Phil, but I don't think what he said about the Blazers is that bad. I just think he is kinda arrogant and couldnt win jack with a bad team. Besides, I probably hate Scottie Pippen more...

------------------
    Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things!

7. BLAZE33

BLAZE33 New Member

Jackass is a fool. Pip will destroy the Fakers. He'll teach Kobe a lesson.

------------------

8. themugg

themugg Member

You know I have to agree with The Freak, Sorry ASS Zen Master Phil has no class at all!!! The only thing I see him doing is trying to get in the minds of the opponent by saying stupid things!! But I just hope the Blazers are smart enough not to fall for it! Because in the end,it will be all the Phil and Lake haters who will have the last laugh!!!!! By the way, If Phil was really a GREAT COACH he would have coached the other L.A. team instead of one that was in the playoffs the last few years!!!!!

------------------
    TheMugg

[This message has been edited by themugg (edited May 19, 2000).]

9. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

TheFreak, absolutely hilarious stuff. I too hate "no class".

------------------
    THE DEAN HAS WRITTEN

10. TheFreak

Asked if the Lakers would have to play better to beat Portland (after the Phoenix series), Jackson laughed and replied:

"No, did you see Portland play? They played the last two games that weren't so pretty themselves."

------------------
    "We're sitting there, shooting alcohol into our veins...

We could just drink it!"

-Tommy Lee

11. JCBlazersGirl33

Phil Jacks-His-Son never admits defeat. I wasn't surprised when he didn't acknowledge the Rockets victory over them, when he called the Sacremento fans "rednecks", and when he makes comments to opposing players during games:

Phil: "You can't guard everyone."
    Pip: "I'll try to."

I hope the Blazers win for just this one reason at the moment: to stick it to Phil Jackass. His team is a basement team without Shaq, and he wouldn't be as cocky without having him by his side.

------------------
    It's an absolute warzone in my house; I live with Rocket fans, Knick fans, and Laker fans.

12. TheFreak

It seems Phyllis' quotes always get better when his team loses.

Here he is giving Portland a ton of respect, and saying how they could still come back and win the series:

"We're going to have to take a little more time to win this series," Lakers coach Phil Jackson said. "I think that's good for us as a basketball team. This team hasn't grown enough to understand the subtleties of what we are trying to do and it is a good measure for us."

Here's some sour grapes from Jackass, apparently Pippen threw an elbow at John "Spider" Salley in the preceding game:

"He shouldn't have been playing in this ballgame," Jackson said. "He clearly threw a cheap-shot elbow to the back of the head and he just got fined $10,000. I wanted to tell him that he was a presence who shouldn't have been there."

------------------
    "Yes, I came from the 80s...but I didn't kill anybody. Give me a break."

-Mike Tramp, former lead singer of White Lion

13. MoonBus

MoonBus Contributing Member

This team hasn't grown enough to understand the subtleties of what we are trying to do and it is a good measure for us."

He is already setting up an excuse to use if they don't win the series. I guess that's part of his Zen teachings. [​IMG]

Althought I want LA to win (hate Pippen even more, but got to give him some credit for his plays), I was happy to see Jackass's frowns in yesterday's loss.

I missed the "elbow" thing, was it serious and intentional?