1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

PG Jerian Grant

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by htownbball, Mar 8, 2015.

1. htownbball

htownbball Member

Seems to be ranked around the middle of the 1st round. Creates offense for others and can shoot the 3. Has size to match up at SG. Not a great athlete but isn't unathletic. Senior with experience and plays solid defense.

Thoughts?

2. fwood_rockets

fwood_rockets Member

He hasn't shot the 3 very well this year, however he shot 40% on 4 attempts a game last year so that's encouraging. Honestly he seems like a great prospect for us.

3. SuperS32

SuperS32 Member

I like him too - was hoping he'd be around in the 2nd, but based on his season there's no way he'll slip that far. Doesn't really have much lateral quickness though - in the few times I've watched him guys seem to blow by him pretty easily or he fouls. But he plays hard.

Really like Gary Payton II too - he needs to work on his shooting, but he's been hitting three's at a decent clip recently. Great athlete and elite, unparalleled perimeter defender like his dad. Solid passer, probably needs to cut down the turnovers and become more consistent. He could be our point guard version of Corey Brewer - tons of steals that lead to easy baskets.

4. basketballholic

He's a large, distributing point guard. Sees the floor well. Makes the right passes. Makes the right plays. Not a very good shooter.

I like Grant. I'm just not sold that he's the right fit. His defense is middle-of-the-road and his shooting is lacking.

My preference over Grant would be Kris Dunn. Dunn is the kind of high upside player that Morey would chase. I think he's a better natural fit alongside Harden than Grant. Just my opinion.

5. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Kris Dunn is a sleeper who could really rise in pre draft work outs. Long, athletic and will be a plus defender immediately. Jump shot is shaky but he's intriguing.

6. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Terry Rozier? This kid is like westbrooks or Bledsic

7. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

It looks like he's moving up draft boards. I don't know if this first dunk is an illusion because he got an extra bounce off the defender, but if he gets this kind of lift, he's going to soar up charts.

<iframe src="https://vine.co/v/Od5vaQHOU0u/embed/simple" width="480" height="480" frameborder="0"></iframe><script src="https://platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js"></script>

<iframe src="https://vine.co/v/OxnA5UgOFE6/embed/simple" width="480" height="480" frameborder="0"></iframe><script src="https://platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js"></script>

8. basketballholic

Jerian doesn't have a 48" vertical, which is what he'd have to have for his head to raise to 5-7" above the rim without pulling himself up. He launched off the chest of the defender.

9. newAge_Rockets

As a Notre Dame fan, I'm very biased. Jerian Grant can be the second playmaking creator that this team needs. He's really blossomed after coming back from an academic suspension, and also he's asked to be more of a PG this year now that he doesn't have a ball dominant PG playing next to him. His passing has gone to the next level, he knows how to play off ball from his years next to Erik Atkins, but he's also able to drive to the rim and finish well.

10. CertifiedTroll

Wouldn't be disappointed with this pick. Lots of potential in this draft.

11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

How is his shooting and defense like?

12. htownbball

htownbball Member

He's shot the three at about 34% for his career, I think that's pretty solid.

13. newAge_Rockets

This man NEEDS to be a Houston Rocket. Literally looks like Harden out on the floor. He penetrates the lane any time he wants, sucks in the defenders, and kicks it out for the open three beautifully. His passing, driving and finishing is off the charts. He can also shoot, and his defense isn't half bad. Very experienced too.

14. kyrie Dwight

kyrie Dwight Member

This kid is definitely not a bad 3pt shooter or shooter period well atleast better than Beverley and can pass something we need and we can always improve his jumper just a little

15. kyrie Dwight

kyrie Dwight Member

Playing next to harden will get him open looks I think with us he can shoot 35-40 percent from 3

16. alethios

alethios Member

Jerian Grant's draft workout video

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Kt3ZN4Q0HwE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. MoonieMac10

MoonieMac10 Member

I would love him as a Rocket. Was the leader and focal point of possibly the most underrated team in college basketball last year. Could be an excellent hybrid guard.

18. faraza84

faraza84 Member

Hear he likes to drive it in a lot and gets tons of free throw attempts, def a morey guy

19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

What is his FT percentage like?

20. PhatPharaoh

PhatPharaoh Member

last year ~79% the year before was a much higher 86% (on obviously many fewer attempts). I would love to see him drop to us or see if we can trade up for him