1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Petition to unban Bobby The Great

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by RocketsLegend, Nov 16, 2018.

1. jcf

jcf Member

Um, I was thinking about posting the first response but hadn't decided whether I should or not and then replied to Hey Partner. I didn't mean to post both. I wasn't finished with the first and hadn't decided whether this was the wrong time to say anything about it. So.... please forgive my technical stupidity.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I agree. Sorry I fueled your contempt for the apology. I meant to only express the value I get from seeing Clutch show Forgiveness, and his ability to unconditionally apologize to Granville, even after Granville repeatedly targets Clutch and the BBS with threats of reporting him to the NBA and the Rockets.

So much positivity and grace in a sea of negativity that drowns our ability to learn.

so sad

daywalker02 and jcf like this.
  3. jbasket

jbasket Member

Insider tip:

WEB sent the Facebook message.

4. jcf

jcf Member

Ok. So WEB joined in '02. Last activity was 8 years ago. And has zero posts; zero threads.

He does have one follower: you.

I'm missing the joke.

5. jcf

jcf Member

Another stupid question: why do you and Yung-T have the same avatar? (I know I'm in the rabbit hole. I'm adjusting my foil hat.)

6. jbasket

jbasket Member

Me, Yung Fool and WEB are the same person.

7. jcf

jcf Member

Why are you saying this?

8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

It's the logo of a crypto currency a fellow member created and that we tend to rep. Read the crypto thread if you're interested.

9. jcf

jcf Member

Thanks.

10. cml750

cml750 Member

Seriously??

jcf likes this.
  11. jcf

jcf Member

I feel like this is either a) a joke; b) an attempt to sow doubt re: who sent the FB post; or c) someone owning up for something another got hit for and potentially resigning from the BBS. No idea which is true.

12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I replied merely two posts below that comment.

13. jbasket

jbasket Member

Something something heypee it's not my site I should just be grateful bobrek just leave if you don't like it something something.

Ok now that that dick-riding is out of the way. This is the "feedback" by the way.

I have been appreciative of this site over the years, first lurking, then becoming a member, then contributing, then a supporting member. I have been honored and humbled to have a gathered fans in nyc together and started a group there (190ish members strong), with origins from Clutchfans users. I am grateful for having the platform to meet dozens of fellow-minded folks.

Generally speaking, I have had no issues with moderation over the years. Shouldn't really moderate bad opinions and harmless trolling, and ad-homs were taken care of pretty well before. However, this decision-making here makes Mike Brown look like Red Aurbach. I almost confused Hue Jackson for Bill Belicheck for a second. I am saddened and disgusted to have monetarily supported such platforms if this is the recent direction it is heading, and I do not think a decision is difficult to adequately please all parties.

I believe you in mentioning that bobby started getting on his knees and opening wide becoming all remorseful in order to get back on the site. But what do we see? Not that "sincere" email he sent, but a half-assed apology and ole bobby we have all come to hate over time. For true reinstatement, there should have been an immediate:

1) Full apology - nope, rip, could be changed. Disgraceful.
    2) Self-Imposed temporary ban in D&D - could still be done

@Clutch , is this a hill you want to die on? For a member that seemingly has an IQ lower than my shoe size and whose words aren't even worth the bandwidth that it takes up?

The recent decisions and/or immediate future ones have had and will have strong implications on both Clutchfans and your own integrity.

14. jbasket

jbasket Member

WEB is the president of the lurkers union. I speak on his behalf.

cml750 likes this.
  15. jcf

jcf Member

Did you send the FB post to Clutch?

16. jbasket

jbasket Member

No jesus I'm not an idiot nor an asshat.

17. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Stop with the red-scare bullcrap. The threshold most members set for that disgusting post was a sincere apology, imagine that---even that couldn't be fullfilled. If someone has issue with demanding an apology after a worthless POS calls a member with a special needs son as
    then they need to do some self reflection.

That appears to be threshold, an apology for bullying a helpless special needs child and his father. There are fewer words that are below the belt and could hurt a parent more. Its been over 2 weeks and an unbanning and Bobby still hasn't shown any remorse. That is what is infuriating.

#257 LosPollosHermanos, Nov 25, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
    DonKnock, Yung-T and Harrisment like this.
  18. jcf

jcf Member

I'm not sure if you have read the earlier posts where he says "insider tip: WEB sent it" and then says he is WEB. If you have and still are calling me stupid, thanks I guess.

cml750 and Os Trigonum like this.
  19. jcf

jcf Member

Good to know. Why did you say WEB did it and then say you were the same person as WEB? Maybe I'm reading this wrong.

cml750 likes this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I would want to apologize, but.......