1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Petition to bring back the championship jerseys?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by geegee1337, May 18, 2009.

Tags:
  1. geegee1337

geegee1337 Member

well it's the offseason and little things like this can be brought up in here so I decided i'd have at it :D .

obviously if you read the garm on any consistent basis you know that people are occasionally bringing up how they love the throwbacks, or when are the rockets gonna have the "hardwood classics" night so they can wear their throwbacks. heck, I even know tons of fans that love the throwbacks that don't know about CF at all.

so i'm just testing the waters to see if anyone wants to discuss some ideas on maybe trying to get a response from some higher ups in the rockets organization about putting this in their plans, whether it be by something as simple as an online petition, or something different we discuss on here.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

3. blacktopKING

blacktopKING Member

I would love it but petitions never work. :(

4. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

5. djohn2oo8

djohn2oo8 Member

It could work, current uniforms are ugly, but not as hideous as those pajama unis of a few years ago....Contact the Marketing department and see what they say

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i wouldnt want that logo though or that same exact identical jersey style, i'd prefer if it had some minor tweaks to make it look more modern

7. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

It would be great to bring them back but it just won't happen. it would be awesome if they decided to wear them throughout the playoffs next year :)

8. djohn2oo8

djohn2oo8 Member

Heard somewhere that they are getting a black and red alternate uniform....that'd be cool

9. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Btw, didn't an "insider" say at the beginning of the season that we would have new alternates for the 09-10 season?

10. duteman

duteman Member

look at the physical abuse yaos jersey took compared to tmacs....tmacs fitted like a glove...Yaos stretched to heo like he just got in a fight

11. garthomps

garthomps Contributing Member

Agree 100%

Cant get used to these unis, too DAMN ugly!

If anything, the huge logo on the shorts as well as that stupid font NEED to go!

12. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Marketers like themes... sell it like this...

new theme of the season... Clutch City returns.

bring back the logo, unis and theme song, but modernize it to please both sides.

It can be done. And even bang out the new campaign to match the theme.

13. geegee1337

geegee1337 Member

yeah, I kinda thought that would go without saying. they should definitely modernize them just like many other teams have (lakers, celtics, pistons)

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i think that's just because yao is pulling the neckline down by resting his arms on his jersey...plus Tmac has an undershirt or something, makes him look more covered up at the neck/shoulders.

15. lastmanstanding

They wore them once during a Pistons game this season or last season and they looked great.

16. ryl

ryl Member

will they also bring back the short shorts?

17. AXG

AXG Member

I always pick the Championship jerseys when I play 2k9

18. farrisdabis

farrisdabis Member

Someone high up on this forum (Clutch, Jeff, DD, etc.) should start an online and written petition. If we got a crapload of signatures, I don't see how the Rockets marketing department would ignore it. Those jerseys would sell much better, and bring back the nostalgia from the championship years. Houston has to have that identity back.

19. Al Capone

Al Capone Member

Im so in on this its scary. They never should have changed them after winning back to back championships

20. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- Contributing Member

Whatever changes are made you have to keep the new logo. I just can't imagine the Rockets getting rid of it right now...

I remember somebody had posted that same picture of T-Mac, but just changed the colors to black with red and white trim...which was imo...perfect.