1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

PETITION: Morey/McHale... Please play Royce White at PG in Summer League!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by woodtee, Jul 13, 2012.

1. ISYOOHOO

ISYOOHOO Member

He is pass first shoot second, creating that chemistry hasn't happened over night, as it rarely does.

2. jvu

jvu Member

In college Royce was used to boding people. He hasn't adjust to nba players length. give him time and hell develop into an interesting nba big man who can pass

3. woodtee

woodtee Member

I know it's probably a pipedream, but I really think his skillsets can be a huge advantage in creating mismatches. I was just hoping that they can experiment with it in meaningless Summer Games and IF it works, maybe use it in real games.

If nothing else, I'd just love to see them design the offense where he touches the ball more to fully utilize his strengths.

As I see these 4 rookies play, I'm really rethinking my stance on Dwight. I REALLY don't wanna lose any of them now!

4. Sen89

Sen89 Member

He has the biggest adjustment to make, doing literally everything at ISU. Jones had the smallest, playing with plenty of NBA talent and learning how to still get his and contribute. Lamb had talent around him, but mostly looked to score at U-Conn, and does the same here.

Tonight he was the most impressive of the bunch, even though everyone played great. White, unlike the other 3 (at the moment) has the ability to make others better around him.

5. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

White will be good, he needs to attack more though

6. woodtee

woodtee Member

I really thing Morey is a smart man. I believe Adelamn was fired bc he wasn't a yesman... So they found McHale to be adaptable to their new direction. I think if Lin comes, they will let him play his game bc he's best with the ball in his hands as well. I think Royce will get the same treatment. I think they can see that obviously from these first 3 games, Royce needs the ball, and they will accommodate.

I can see Lin starting and them using Royce to lead the bench brigade (while they use Fortson or Douglas as an extra body in the lineup) but let Royce make the plays.

7. Red.Glare

Red.Glare Member

Not bad, just 3 assists away from a triple double.

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

LeBron White?

9. ziebarf

ziebarf Member

Was digging the White+Motie combo tonight. White got him plenty of good looks under the basket. Decent rebounding combo as well.

10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

I read he is the next Dennis Rodman.

11. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

No LeBron is black.

1 person likes this.
  12. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

watching the summer league games, when Royce has the ball, he's often coming at you, and something is going to happen, but often its misdirection. love it. the D can't focus long enough to stop it when it swings weak side or if there is any offside action.

13. nemac

nemac Member

Two 09ers with their first post, cool! Watching RW develop will be fun

14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

15. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Why...Why...Why did you have to call him LeBron....:mad:
    I actually like Royce...not as much now...:(

16. Mac#5

Mac#5 Member

I like his versatility but he's looking like a poor mans Boris diaw with his passing ability but I would like to see his post up game more and not just pass out

1 person likes this.
  17. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

I can't believe Allan Houston raped Royce White. Was it because of J Lin?

18. ISYOOHOO

ISYOOHOO Member

Royce is better off the elbow than in the block. He needs more room to work. He definitely needs to develop his game on the block and mid to long range jumpers. He currently does best facing up to the basket from mid to long range then bringing it in from there based on what style of player is guarding him. His body is NBA ready but his role as a 6'8" player differs from that of the norm so it is a learning process on how to use him for the coaches and what he can do with the upgrade in talent for him. He's played one year of organized basketball in the past three years. His play on the block will only improve as will his FT and outside shooting. He never had the chance to learn all of the typical traits for a 6'8" man but has the natural and acquired athletic ability, vision, strength, and ball handling to be efficient early with the opportunity to be something special if he can make himself a better all around player on the court.

19. marothisu

marothisu Member

I'd say it has more to do with the PG play and play of some others. White wasn't getting the ball much the first two games even when he was open

20. Mac#5

Mac#5 Member

I agree. From what I've seen of summer league so far it's obvious he's not comfortable with his back to the basket. If he develops well he has the potential to be a match up nightmare especially in the play offs when series are decided by match ups. With his unique versatility there aren't many players who could gaurd him if he reaches his potential