1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Peter Vecsey: JVG and CD are no longer on speaking terms

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dragon167, Feb 19, 2006.

1. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Why are people hating on CD? The man is one of the top three GM's in the league I think.

He has proven time and time again that he is capable of pulling out the big time trades. Sure some of them dont work out, but he can get things done.

2. oschadha

oschadha Contributing Member

Now that I think about it, if this is true (and who knows), I think it goes back to the DA situation. I do not think CD was on board on the decision to ship or waive DA so soon after acquiring him. I remember last year and in this past offseason, CD worked really hard in trying to acquire this guy. Maybe he feels that all of his hard work was for nothing. Pure speculation on my part.

3. solid

solid Contributing Member

You may be on to something here.

4. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Well, if true, I doubt this whole DA situation would have been any sort of a nail-in-the-coffin.

Nevertheless, a GM doesn't coach. If there's any truth to this, CD is probably just frustrated that JVG is coaching a group of such underachievers given the rather high level of talent CD has assembled.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Maybe CD was like

"Jeff, you can't announce to the media that we are going to trade DA, that ruins our ability to trade him"

DD

6. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Vecsey and his "sources" haven't been on speaking terms for years.

7. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

or

"Jeff, you can't announce to the media after every game that you are displeased with your teams performance, that ruins your ability to coach them" ;)

#67 Roc Paint, Feb 19, 2006
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2006
  8. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

I can't figure out what's funnier: Vescey's line of JVG allegedly asking Swift "Would you please ask to be traded" or the premise that CD actually calls the shots and JVG is somehow pissed about these personnel decisions. LOL! Just when we thought Vescey couldn't outdo himself.

With all due respect, everyone knows CD is a puppet. Like it's a freak coincidence that the administration change to JVG marked a stark shift to frugality and conservatism in terms of contracts. Yeah, that's all CD calling the shots. Right.

Priceless.

9. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

What's wth your love affair with Juwan Howard? You need to take your head out of his scrubby @ss. I didnt see the word Howard in the entre post but you somehow, like always managed to bring it up. And everytme you do, Juwan gets embarassed. Let me refresh your memory once again...Hey! Did you know that Howard has been averaging about 30+ minutes this season and has roughly 6 revounds a game? Did you also know that hayes is averaging about HALF of those minutes and averaging the SAME amount of rebounds? Why do you have to keep embarassing Howard like that? :D

Perhaps you missed the "If this is true..." part. Like others have said, IF this is true, JVG needs to go.

10. Dreamshake

Dreamshake Contributing Member

You could of mentioned the fact that as a POWER foward Howard is averaging 30 mins a game and has a whopping 5 blocks for the entire year.

11. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Dude...I was saving that for next time Krosfyah brings up his man-love for Howard!!!!

Shhhhhh...........

12. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Wasn't JVG quoted last year as saying about Swift "go get me that guy"?

13. sun12

sun12 Member

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Man . . .you telling me he cannot even talk to his own ***hole???

Rocket River
    . . cause he be pulling a lot of crap out of his. . . . .

15. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

Caroll Dawson was ready to retire more than 1 year ago. Had it - ready to rest. He was asked to stay - by the owner - I'm sure with Mr. Van Gundy's blessing - support. Player aquisition was explained by Jeff ( here) some time ago. By committee. The coach dictates what he needs, CD seeks out the player and works the capology issues to make the trade work to insure it is do-able-then they caucus with the owner to get his blessing.

I'm sure if JVG got fed up with the personell or CD then- CD would leave quick as they wanted. He is a diplomat and a gentleman-he will not malinger.

16. declan32001

declan32001 Member

This response from Feigen suprises me. I know Vecsey's an idiot, but even idiots can be correct occasionly and if this is true I have a severe problem with it.

I don't care if something "apocalyptic" is imminent or not but as Clutch said if JVG's stirring this kind of crap within the organization he still needs to go.

It suprises me that Feigen or any Rox beat writer would suggest (even in a blog) that losing the head coach wouldn't be a big deal. Bringing up possible DNA proclivities is even more touchy.

I don't know, but I would assume that Feigen knows much more than he could or would say and that what he did write is pretty damned curious.

17. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

This is a blog by Richard Justice. Not Feigen.

I also don't think he's seriously suggesting that Van Gundy is going anywhere.

18. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

And...? I don't really get your post.

19. sun12

sun12 Member

The point is you don't want a YES-man GM. Coaches always want for the shot-term fix while GM needs to plan for the long-term. Good GMs should be able to control trades/drafts and not be influenced by their coaches.

20. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

That probably means that 90% of the GMs in the NBA should be fired right away. Coaches know their players the best and definitely give input on what kind of players they want for the team/system. It would be quite irresponsible for a GM not to at least consult the coach about the players he is bringing in for the TEAM.