1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between Luka and the Mavs and Shai and the Thunder. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Peter Vecsey: JVG and CD are no longer on speaking terms

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dragon167, Feb 19, 2006.

1. hooroo

hooroo Member

""Who cares?" (Don) Nelson (on Vecsey) said. "He's wrong over half the time anyway""

2. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

How about Terry Porter? In my opinion he got screwed over in Milwaukee his backcourt was hurt then the point guard he had filling in and playing well Mike James was traded in midseason.I think he deserves another chance and its not like there is anyone else who is a proven coach out there.

3. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

I really like the idea of bringing Elie in.

4. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

so...wait, if it's true it's false? Is this one of those things that sucks and blows at the same time?

5. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

I would love it if Mario Elie was our new head coach.

6. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

That's all there is around here lately. The same people screaming the same things over and over. When things don't go the way they want them to, the weaklings come out in full-force.

About this friction between JVG and CD. This is an absolute lie. JVG has been on radio shows and said in the paper nothing but good things about CD and his relationship with CD. Was there a disagreement at some time, sure, probably.that's part of business life. You have disagreements, you may even argue some times, there is nothing wrong with that unless you are a sensitve weakminded fan who want's everybody having cake and milk together all the time. Peter Vescey is a tool who just pulled a wrench out of his ass.

7. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Agreed. But I'd also like a real GM in here who has a clue and a plan for putting together a team with a real chance to contend. At last glance, that certainly ain't CD. For those of you out there who are still keeping score: the TMac trade was 2 years ago. Exactly how much closer are we to actually contending for a championship?

8. waelhakmeh

waelhakmeh Member

amen to that

9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

You just described 90% of the posters on this site. :D

Not sure if any of this is true or not. Like someone else said, CD isn't the kind of person to not be on speaking terms with his coach. Seems kind of childish and very uncharacteristic of CD. JVG, on the other hand...

Personally, if it comes down to a choice of CD or JVG to build our roster for the future, the choice is pretty clear.

10. Hakeem06

Hakeem06 Member

vescey is wrong about 80 percent of the time. so i'm not giving a whole lot of stock to this. but if it is true, can we get rid of JVG finally? there are only so many old washed up knicks left in the league that he coached. pretty much all of them are retired. that means he'll never be happy with the players on the court.

11. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

ohh if Vecsey said it, it's completey the opposite. I think JVG wants to have a love child with CD.

12. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Either JVG or CD, or both, will quickly deny this. If not, then look out.

13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

JVG and CD don't have to deny anything IMO. They have to work together to fix the team.

14. Jacquescas

Jacquescas Contributing Member

thats crazy i think this might really be the last hurrah of van gundy cause Dawson isn't going anywhere.

15. ymc

ymc Member

I agree. With Kobe, AI and James' scoring averages going thru the roof (30ppg), our T-Mac still get stuck at 25ppg, something must be wrong here. :rolleyes:

16. rocketsmetalspd

What if this is true?? Does JVG go or Dawson?? I for one would like to have Mario Elie as the Rockets coach. We need someone that used to care and play for the Rockets.

17. superden

superden Contributing Member

just like everyone has been saying..vecsey reporting this? that doesnt hold much. BUT if it is true... CD over JVG.

18. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

Does Vecsey write for sina.com too?

19. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

We signed Swift last summer. So JVG must be incensed by the recent acquisitions of Bogans and Lampe. :D

20. sun12

sun12 Member

If JVG has to go, CD should leave as well. It should be done the year when Rudy T was let go. Just have a clean slate, and start over again.

What's happening with T-mac? It used to be that Yao is the weak link of the MM experiment. Now T-mac has a problem.

By the way, the Yao experiment is going to fail if no strong-rebounding PF is provided on the team. Yao is too slow to chase for loose balls and can't hold rebounds if he is surrounded by two opposing players. This will be critial during playoffs.

At this stage of the team, a capable GM is more important than a coach. Look at how detroit acquired R. Wallace so that a championship is possible, and how Spurs acquired Parker and Ginobilli so that a dynasty can last. Without these moves, they won't win championships.

It is up to CD to get a player like R. Wallace and some good defensive wing players, but I am afraid that CD is not the type of GM who can get it done.